Predictions for 2019 include a Hard Brexit

Temporary Forum - Please keep it CIVIL and ON TOPIC regarding updates/ news / concerns on British living / travelling in the EU.
SatCure
Posts: 1926
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:57 pm
Location: Apokoronas

Predictions for 2019 include a Hard Brexit

Postby SatCure » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:33 am

Predictions for 2019 include a Hard Brexit on March 31st. And NO second referendum.
(This guy has a good track record of predicting what will happen. For example, he predicted Trump's win and - like it or not - that was correct.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg36DJHNfaE

scooby
Posts: 1207
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:54 pm
Location: Agia Nr Chania

Re: Predictions for 2019 include a Hard Brexit

Postby scooby » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:19 pm

Read one and watchthe other:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/em ... ailsignout

4 years ago they laughed and said "another conspiracy theory":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI5_pMvLZd8
Men in suits will always make you pay.

Philb
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:33 pm
Location: Kalamitsi Alexandrou

Re: Predictions for 2019 include a Hard Brexit

Postby Philb » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:47 pm

Today it is reported that Schaeffer, the German automotive industry supplier is closing two UK factories with the loss of about 500 jobs. This is directly related to Brexit concerns.

500 jobs is a lot, who is going to replace them?

A friend of mine has a small engineering company in Burtonwood near Warrngton. They perform specialist welding services, typically reparing presses. They work on jobs worldwide, including mainland Europe. He doesn't know where work will come from if either a hard brexit or some other 'deal' happens. He fully expects to close for business with the ensuing loss of jobs. Interestingly, the company operating out of the next unit are closing that part of their UK business and moving it to the Netherlands. 15 jobs will be lost. Brexit hasn't happened yet but the economy is already dying by a death of a thousand cuts.

I've seen leavers post on here their wooly views on sovereignty, taking back control etc and claim it is the sole concern even to the exclusion of the economy. Well the bad news is that everything that underpins the NHS, the welfare state, government investment is directly dependant on the state of the economy.

So when the economy tanks, the GBP tanks, we lose FOM and so on, leavers can bask in the glory of their new blue passport to nowhere and their commemorative 50p piece. The next generations including my kids and grandkids will be so grateful

scooby
Posts: 1207
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:54 pm
Location: Agia Nr Chania

Re: Predictions for 2019 include a Hard Brexit

Postby scooby » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:35 pm

Philb wrote:
So when the economy tanks, the GBP tanks, we lose FOM and so on, leavers can bask in the glory of their new blue passport to nowhere and their commemorative 50p piece. The next generations including my kids and grandkids will be so grateful
There may be a hit to the economy, how hard who knows but I feel sure the UK can come out of it, don't be so doom and gloom before a ball has been kicked, I am also sure that your (and my) kids and grandkids will be grateful in the end to be out of the EU. It's not all fluffy bunny pink in there you know, despite the scaremongering.
Men in suits will always make you pay.

Philb
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:33 pm
Location: Kalamitsi Alexandrou

Re: Predictions for 2019 include a Hard Brexit

Postby Philb » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:40 pm

scooby wrote:
Philb wrote:
So when the economy tanks, the GBP tanks, we lose FOM and so on, leavers can bask in the glory of their new blue passport to nowhere and their commemorative 50p piece. The next generations including my kids and grandkids will be so grateful
There may be a hit to the economy, how hard who knows but I feel sure the UK can come out of it, don't be so doom and gloom before a ball has been kicked, I am also sure that your (and my) kids and grandkids will be grateful in the end to be out of the EU. It's not all fluffy bunny pink in there you know, despite the scaremongering.


Correction, there is already a hit, no 'may be'. The government's own analyses are an indication of how hard.

So, tell me, as you are 'sure' the UK can come out of it, how?

So, 'before a ball has been kicked' you suggest no reason for doom and gloom. Do you know how many jobs have already been lost?

Still, blue passports though, you must feel like a real winner.

Kamisiana
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:06 pm

Re: Predictions for 2019 include a Hard Brexit

Postby Kamisiana » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:43 pm

scooby wrote:Read one and watchthe other:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/em ... ailsignout

4 years ago they laughed and said "another conspiracy theory":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI5_pMvLZd8


WARNING IMMINENT THREAD LOCK ALERT

Maybe the Federal Republic of the European Union Army will be used to put down rouge countries
that dare stand up to the EU.

Philb
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:33 pm
Location: Kalamitsi Alexandrou

Re: Predictions for 2019 include a Hard Brexit

Postby Philb » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:52 pm

Hot off the press, Barden Corporation to close Plymouth factory due to Brexit. 400 jobs to be lost. Stick that on your red bus.

scooby
Posts: 1207
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:54 pm
Location: Agia Nr Chania

Re: Predictions for 2019 include a Hard Brexit

Postby scooby » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:58 pm

Philb wrote:Hot off the press, Barden Corporation to close Plymouth factory due to Brexit. 400 jobs to be lost. Stick that on your red bus.
it is not being closed because of Brexit and I don't have a red bus.
Men in suits will always make you pay.

scooby
Posts: 1207
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:54 pm
Location: Agia Nr Chania

Re: Predictions for 2019 include a Hard Brexit

Postby scooby » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:04 pm

Philb wrote:
scooby wrote:
Philb wrote:
So when the economy tanks, the GBP tanks, we lose FOM and so on, leavers can bask in the glory of their new blue passport to nowhere and their commemorative 50p piece. The next generations including my kids and grandkids will be so grateful
There may be a hit to the economy, how hard who knows but I feel sure the UK can come out of it, don't be so doom and gloom before a ball has been kicked, I am also sure that your (and my) kids and grandkids will be grateful in the end to be out of the EU. It's not all fluffy bunny pink in there you know, despite the scaremongering.


Correction, there is already a hit, no 'may be'. The government's own analyses are an indication of how hard.

So, tell me, as you are 'sure' the UK can come out of it, how?

So, 'before a ball has been kicked' you suggest no reason for doom and gloom. Do you know how many jobs have already been lost?

Still, blue passports though, you must feel like a real winner.

How do I know how the uk will come of what? We don't know what has happened yet, getting ahead of yourself. I am sure there will be no Brexit because the people with the real power want to keep it at the expense of anything so don't worry you will surely get your "peoples vote".
Men in suits will always make you pay.

Philb
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:33 pm
Location: Kalamitsi Alexandrou

Re: Predictions for 2019 include a Hard Brexit

Postby Philb » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:16 pm

scooby wrote:
Philb wrote:Hot off the press, Barden Corporation to close Plymouth factory due to Brexit. 400 jobs to be lost. Stick that on your red bus.
it is not being closed because of Brexit and I don't have a red bus.


Oh yes it is closing because of brexit and I'll raise you Societe Generale

You might not have a red bus but your mates Farage, Johnson, Gove, Rees Mogg and Banks do. Tell them to stick it on their bus.

Kamisiana
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:06 pm

Re: Predictions for 2019 include a Hard Brexit

Postby Kamisiana » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:16 pm

Barden corporation to close not quite all it seems remoaner hype again

https://news.sky.com/story/german-manuf ... t-11546123

Philb
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:33 pm
Location: Kalamitsi Alexandrou

Re: Predictions for 2019 include a Hard Brexit

Postby Philb » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:26 pm

Philb wrote:
Correction, there is already a hit, no 'may be'. The government's own analyses are an indication of how hard.

So, tell me, as you are 'sure' the UK can come out of it, how?

So, 'before a ball has been kicked' you suggest no reason for doom and gloom. Do you know how many jobs have already been lost?

Still, blue passports though, you must feel like a real winner.


Scooby wrote:How do I know how the uk will come of what? We don't know what has happened yet, getting ahead of yourself. I am sure there will be no Brexit because the people with the real power want to keep it at the expense of anything so don't worry you will surely get your "peoples vote".


I was quoting your own words from your post, as you well know. So I assume that your answer would be that you've no idea but by some miracle it is going to be a sure thing?

scooby
Posts: 1207
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:54 pm
Location: Agia Nr Chania

Re: Predictions for 2019 include a Hard Brexit

Postby scooby » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:28 pm

Philb wrote:
Philb wrote:
Correction, there is already a hit, no 'may be'. The government's own analyses are an indication of how hard.

So, tell me, as you are 'sure' the UK can come out of it, how?

So, 'before a ball has been kicked' you suggest no reason for doom and gloom. Do you know how many jobs have already been lost?

Still, blue passports though, you must feel like a real winner.


Scooby wrote:How do I know how the uk will come of what? We don't know what has happened yet, getting ahead of yourself. I am sure there will be no Brexit because the people with the real power want to keep it at the expense of anything so don't worry you will surely get your "peoples vote".


I was quoting your own words from your post, as you well know. So I assume that your answer would be that you've no idea but by some miracle it is going to be a sure thing?
Sorry I submit to your crystal ball as I myself don't have one.
Men in suits will always make you pay.

Philb
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:33 pm
Location: Kalamitsi Alexandrou

Re: Predictions for 2019 include a Hard Brexit

Postby Philb » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:29 pm

Kamisiana wrote:Barden corporation to close not quite all it seems remoaner hype again

https://news.sky.com/story/german-manuf ... t-11546123


The link refers to Schaeffer, not Barden. But it reads as though Brexit is to blame.

scooby
Posts: 1207
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:54 pm
Location: Agia Nr Chania

Re: Predictions for 2019 include a Hard Brexit

Postby scooby » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:33 pm

[b][/b]
Philb wrote:
Kamisiana wrote:Barden corporation to close not quite all it seems remoaner hype again

https://news.sky.com/story/german-manuf ... t-11546123


The link refers to Schaeffer, not Barden. [b]But it reads as though Brexit is to blame[/b].
Really? I read it as brexit is ONE factor?? :roll:
Men in suits will always make you pay.


Return to “Brexit and Living in Greece”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron