Update from HMG

Temporary Forum - Please keep it CIVIL and ON TOPIC regarding updates/ news / concerns on British living / travelling in the EU.
Tim

Update from HMG

Postby Tim » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:54 pm

BST

Re: Update from HMG

Postby BST » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:25 pm

Thanks for that Tim. Obviously HMG are a bit ignorant about how things work in Greece eg automatic right to a Greek EHIC card if you move to Greece.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:09 am

I am somewhat puzzled by this latest document? It says that the latest update is 15 November 2018. Next to that it gives a link to "see all updates". That has a link that says "show all updates". That shows the 15 November 2018 update as "added in information about outreach events in Greece". If you go to the "outreach meetings" page it gives a list of meetings in various locations in Greece including 29 November in West Crete and 30 November in East Crete. It doesn't give any details such as venue, times, where to register etc but it refers to the Facebook page. If you go to the Events link it states "UK in Greece does not have any upcoming events." I despair sometimes.

Warwick

BST

Postby BST » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:07 am

I think it's a Friday afternoon document! I know about the 29th meeting as it's been advertised by Apokoronas Our Home but not sure it's a definite yet?

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:08 am

Can you provide a link to that notice of the meeting, BST? I can't seem to find it. I have written an email to the Embassy so I will post any reply I receive on here.

Warwick

BST

Postby BST » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:44 am

Reminders of events:

The Consul from the British Embassy in Athens is hoping to visit us on November 29th and will have a meeting for all British subjects to ask him questions about how we will be affected by Brexit etc. I will let you know as soon as the date is confirmed

This is from a recent letter from Apokoronas Our Home.Are you on the mailing list? There are also several references to the visit on the FB page but usually after other things.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:01 pm

I am obviously completely thick. I can find no reference to the 29 November event on the Embassy Facebook page. I did find reference to a meeting on Kos on 31 October. The only reference I can find anywhere is the one I linked previously which does not give any detailed information. I did find reference to a meeting on Crete as part of Consular Awareness Week on 22 November. I guess I will attend that and ask them where and when the 29th meeting will be held, assuming they have finalised it by then.

Warwick

altohb

Postby altohb » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:39 pm

I have gleaned that the East Crete meeting on 30 November will be in Agios Nikolaos, but don't as yet know what time. Will update.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:32 pm

Out of curiosity, how did you manage to "glean" that information, altohb.

Warwick

Louise

Postby Louise » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:42 pm

In the Agios Nikolaos area we have the INCO organisation - "INCO is the International Community Association of Aghios Nikolaos Region, (and surrounding areas) a Not For Profit Organisation.
INCO is the umbrella organisation providing the legal framework to support social, cultural, charitable and community activities."

They have a Facebook Group page. On 2nd November this was posted by an admin.... "VERY IMPORTANT FOR ALL UK CITIZENS LIVING IN LASSITHI AREA.
The new British Vice Consul in Heraklion is Aristea Chourdaki. She would like to meet UK citizens in this area in Aghios Nikolaos on 30th November to introduce herself and the services and support the Consulate can offer.
More specifically, she will be accompanied by a member of the British Embassy in Athens, responsible for Brexit affairs. This will offer an opportunity for you to have an open and frank discussion on any Brexit issues that interest you.
Although this event is being organized by INCO, it is open to ALL UK Citizens.
In order that the Consulate may be as prepared as possible to respond to your questions, would you kindly send them to ....".

They are asking for numbers of possible attendees and will update with time and venue has been arranged.

altohb

Postby altohb » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:04 pm

I came across it on a different facebook page, Warwick, and have asked for info about the time of the meeting. Might make a difference for those of us who live around 70km away!

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:12 pm

I got the following reply from the British Embassy in Athens:

An outreach meeting will indeed be held in Crete – confirmed details will be available within the next few days. We will keep your contact details and will inform you as soon as final information is cleared.

I will post any information that I receive on this thread.

Warwick

BST

Postby BST » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:56 pm

Confirmed, meeting Vrysses Town Hall. Nov 29th.Arrive 10.30 for a start at 11am. British Ambassador to Greece. Further details Apokoronas Our Home.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:41 pm

For information if anybody else is trying to find the "further information" on Apokoronas Our Home it is in the link "Letter from the Mayor". Where else would it be? The obvious place to look? Only a complete idiot would put it under "Daily Bulletin ", "British vice Consulate Crete" or "Information".

Warwick

PS Thanks for the info BST. I'm not criticising you.

BST

Postby BST » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:51 pm

Your welcome Warwick! It was a quick post before I made tea and then completely forgot all about it!

Return to “Brexit and Living in Greece”