Preliminary EU contingency plans

Temporary Forum - Please keep it CIVIL and ON TOPIC regarding updates/ news / concerns on British living / travelling in the EU.
Brian

Preliminary EU contingency plans

Postby Brian » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:27 pm

I trust we are all happy here with EU contingency plan - specially those who voted blindly to leave!
All expat with five or more years residency in a EU state will be treated sympathetically in individual states provided similar sympathetic treatment is legislated for in UK. What a cockup! I cannot believe people who have bought a property abroad or who have moved permanently voted to leave. Leavers voting to leave is not akin to turkeys voting for Christmas it is far far more stupid - humans are supposed to have superior intelligence to turkeys, at least that's what Darwin proffered!

Kilkis

Re: Preliminary EU contingency plans

Postby Kilkis » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:59 pm

I think your use of the verb "will" in your second sentence is a little premature. The Commission has "invited" member states to take a generous approach to the rights of UK citizens in the EU, provided that this approach is reciprocated by the UK. No guarantees there, Brian.

Warwick

mouche

Re: Preliminary EU contingency plans

Postby mouche » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:02 am

Looking to buy cheap properties in Crete in prime location, any sellers out there?

Return to “Brexit and Living in Greece”