I smelled a rat, and I found a rat

Temporary Forum - Please keep it CIVIL and ON TOPIC regarding updates/ news / concerns on British living / travelling in the EU.
Kamisiana

Re: I smelled a rat, and I found a rat

Postby Kamisiana » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:40 pm

All will just fall on the deaf ears of the remainers scooby now if you had a story about Boris dropping a chewing gum wrapper in the 80s they would be all over it :wink:

scooby

Postby scooby » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:14 pm

Kamisiana wrote:All will just fall on the deaf ears of the remainers scooby now if you had a story about Boris dropping a chewing gum wrapper in the 80s they would be all over it :wink:

Here you go .

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/0/ ... -blotches/

Keltz

Postby Keltz » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:28 pm

scooby wrote:https://apple.news/A1fi2g1_DQjaA7HMGT6Wyqg

Got to agree with Warwick don't post someone else's work without saying what you think.

I'll tell you what I think though. I just read this link you gave....it is without question a piece of utter nonsense littered with selective historical opinion and the occasional informative fact that weaves a thread of what can only be described as propaganda with the sole purpose of leading the reader to the last paragraph statement "there is a special place in hell reserved for those Europeans who have made the Irish promise they cannot keep". Childish.

I have never read an article with so much self righteous self important nonsense that only someone would believe because they want to live in the distant past. Guy is right fundamental change is needed Brexit or no Brexit but while that sort of thinking prevails it will only happen when the UK is forced to do so.

SueA

Postby SueA » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:34 pm

Thanks for that, Warwick and Keltz. Scooby, what is the point of just posting links that some of us can't, or can't be bothered, to access? Kilkis has mentioned this before. If you have something to say, say it. Don't just post links. It's boring if nothing else. Use links to back up your opinion but links on their own are useless, boring, puerile, etc. - pick your own!

Mixos

Postby Mixos » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:37 am

Totally agree with Warwick, Keltz and SueA. What started as a reasonable discussion thread has degenerated into a lot of juvenile point-scoring that has been hijacked by headbangers and effectively shut out the vast majority of forum members. It's very tedious and very boring.

scooby

Postby scooby » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:48 am

Maybe I put too many links on at once?
When a poster who supports remain puts links on without any say no one complained i.e look back for example Philb? and others. Hypocritical. Oh sorry my mistake I complained about it and no one backed it up because they were pro brexit articles.
Last edited by scooby on Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

scooby

Postby scooby » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:50 am

Not sure why anyone can't open apple news links, I have just done it on my pc, not my fault. Get over it.

Howard

Postby Howard » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:10 pm

Mixos. Yes, juvenile point scoring. It's a shame, spoiling so much informative informed debate here. Can't be long until we get back to who put a question mark where. Schoolboyish posturing.

scooby

Postby scooby » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:18 pm

Howard wrote:Mixos. Yes, juvenile point scoring. It's a shame, spoiling so much informative informed debate here. Can't be long until we get back to who put a question mark where. Schoolboyish posturing.

Think you have made your point a few times now, move on and get debating sensibly, there is nothing to stop you.

Howard

Postby Howard » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:20 pm

Oooooohh...... big boy telling me off!

scooby

Postby scooby » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:25 pm

Bit school boyish there Howard :D

Howard

Postby Howard » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:28 pm

Yes Massa.

scooby

Postby scooby » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:33 pm

Oh dear we’ve got another one, goodnight :shock:

scooby

Postby scooby » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:14 pm

https://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/20 ... crat-poll/

Lib dems actually got 8.3% in the last election just for clarification. They should be taken to court don’t ya think :?

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:43 pm

The Lib Dems do seem to have come up with some rather stupid statements recently.

The polling claim in Bath and North East Somerset is in line with what all political parties do, i.e. create a narrative designed to achieve whatever they want to achieve regardless of whether that narrative has any basis in reality. This technique has developed over time so now it is ubiquitous to the extent of being ludicrous. The more all parties use this technique the more it becomes obvious what they are doing even to the least questioning voter and the more credibility they lose. I would judge that the majority of MPs in Parliament today, in all parties and on both sides of the Brexit debate, are asymptotically approaching zero credibility, at least among thinking voters if not tribal ones.

I also think that the claim that ITV's decision to host a debate only between Johnson and Corbyn is sexist, i.e. Swinson has been excluded because she is a woman, is complete twaddle. ITV claim that they have done so because realistically only Johnson or Corbyn can become Prime Minister. While probably factually true that claim is also twaddle. ITV want to host a leaders' debate because they think it will be good for ratings and hence advertising. They couldn't care less who is in the debate as long as they get it. Neither Johnson nor Corbyn want Swinson in the debate because they can remember what happened in 2010. Whatever you think of him, Nick Clegg's performance in those debates cost both Cameron and Brown votes that resulted in a hung Parliament and a coalition government. The Lib Dems pose a real threat to both Labour and Conservative votes for any remain leaning voter so both Johnson and Corbyn want her to get as little air time as possible. I doubt if they would have agreed to the debate if she was included for that reason and nothing to do with her gender.

I think it is highly probable, because of the Brexit issue, that the Lib Dems will get an increased vote and probably an increased number of seats, despite the first-past-the-post voting system, but the probability of them winning an outright majority is vanishingly small. I don't know what Swinson's advisers are telling her but every time she says that she is standing to be PM she appears increasingly delusional. Personally I would be less likely to vote for someone who appears delusional.

Warwick

PS Please note that I am neither anti nor pro any political party nor do I have any political affiliation Whenever I take the Political Compass test, however I do find myself in a position on the chart that is closer to the Lib Dems than either Labour or Conservative so I presume I must have more in common with them. Given that closeness in ideas, if I am critical of their actions how are they going to attract voters who are further away behaving in this way?

Return to “Brexit and Living in Greece”