Overseas Voters

Temporary Forum - Please keep it CIVIL and ON TOPIC regarding updates/ news / concerns on British living / travelling in the EU.
altohb

Re: Greek Government website for UK citizens re Brexit

Postby altohb » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:15 pm

Yin&Yang wrote:Thank you, that’s the page I got to but I couldn’t find the correct form, none of them seemed the right one. Do you know which one you used :)

I didn't do the postal bit. The proxy has to do that. So - stage 1, find your proxy. 2, send back the form naming the proxy to your local authority. 3. LA contacts proxy to tell them that they are authorised to vote on your behalf. 4. Proxy fills in form asking for postal vote and sends it to LA.

It sounds complex, but we got it done in a few days.

GlennB

Postby GlennB » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:34 pm

Yin&Yang wrote:GlennB, I have downloaded the form for my husband I to apply to have a proxy vote on our behalf but I can’t find the relevant form for the proxy to make an application to make a postal vote on our behalf; can you or anyone point me in the right direction please?

They're different forms from a normal proxy, as the proxy also has to fill in their details in order to be sent the postal ballot. I got ours by email from our old council, but if you pm me your email address I can forward the blanks to you.

Yin&Yang

Postby Yin&Yang » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:04 am

Thank you everyone. I have emailed someone in my chosen Party at my previous constituency but I guess it may take them a while to reply. GlennB, I have sent you a PM.
Someday is now : )

Kookla

Postby Kookla » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:34 am

My latest news is that, if there is an election ( 12 Dec date bandied about) a postal vote from my old constituency would not be posted from UK until 1Dec. (That was the reply that I was given.)
Bearing in mind all of the Christmas post being sent out overseas, I think altohb and yin&yang, a proxy vote is the way to go. Or even a postal proxy, in the UK. I am now going to look into having my candidate do this on my behalf.

Yin&Yang

Postby Yin&Yang » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:39 am

Yep, getting it all under way now.

Kookla

Postby Kookla » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:18 pm

Hi, altohb, just wanted to say huge thanks for postal proxy tip. It’s now all done and dusted and a great weight off my mind.

altohb

Postby altohb » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:05 pm

Kookla wrote:Hi, altohb, just wanted to say huge thanks for postal proxy tip. It’s now all done and dusted and a great weight off my mind.

Glad you got it sorted, Kookla! It wasn't my idea originally, but I was certainly pleased to have come across it! Given the tight timetable for this election it is definitely the way to go for those of us outside the UK. The cut off date for registering to vote is 26 November, so anyone who hasn't yet done so needs to get a move on.

scooby

Re: Overseas Voters

Postby scooby » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:52 am

Well you have the choice between two parties both beginning with L.

paul g

Postby paul g » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:43 pm

L = loser

Midlander

Postby Midlander » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:47 pm

I received my postal vote ballot papers here this morning.

Yin&Yang

Postby Yin&Yang » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:51 pm

We’re still waiting for our proxies in the UK to hear from the Electoral people so that they can complete their forms ...

ros21m

Postby ros21m » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:14 pm

I also received my postal vote today!

GlennB

Postby GlennB » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:46 pm

Yin&Yang wrote:We’re still waiting for our proxies in the UK to hear from the Electoral people so that they can complete their forms ...

Our daughter is our proxy and said today that she hadn't received the ballot papers yet. Our old council told me by email that it's sending out the second of two batches tomorrow, so should be plenty of time. If in doubt email the old UK authority that you're dealing with.

Yin&Yang

Postby Yin&Yang » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:11 am

Thanks GlennB. I emailed them yesterday so fingers crossed.

Return to “Brexit and Living in Greece”