Long term rent in Chania or Lasithi

Looking for a long term rent? Post here. Don't forget to mention which area in Crete you are looking for.
kastri1961

Long term rent in Chania or Lasithi

Postby kastri1961 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:30 pm

Hi All
My wife and I are travelling to Crete in Oct 2016 for 10 days to explore the east and west coast to determine which area we would prefer to live. So initially we will want to rent for 6 to 12 months from Jan 2017 in either the west or east (not decided for sure which area yet).
If anyone knows of a suitable property at reasonable rates it would be good to hear from you. Looking for a 2 bedroom house ideally with private pool. We will also have our new dog that we rescued from Crete in July. We will be looking at renting from Jan 2017.
Thank you.

Maud

Re: Long term rent in Chania or Lasithi

Postby Maud » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:25 pm

The island is bigger than you think kastri. If I were you I would give myself more than 10 days. You will need a day to drive from one end of the island to the other........and another one to drive back again at the end of your holiday. That doesn't allow you a lot of time to get a 'feel' for anywhere, let alone both ends of the island.

I guess that by October you might even have some properties to look at? - Viewing will also take a 'bite' out of each day! The good thing is that in January there will be plenty of letting properties available. - Many summer holiday lets are rented out for longer in the winter months. You should get something like that from January until April.....which might not be a bad idea. A shorter let would allow you to look around more areas once you arrive in January.

kastri1961

Postby kastri1961 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:11 pm

Agreed Maud thank you.

kastri1961

Re: Long term rent in Chania

Postby kastri1961 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:37 pm

Anyone aware of any suitable rental properties as described in the Chania prefecture?
Thank you.

peebee

Postby peebee » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:03 am

Have sent PM.

Return to “Long term rent - Wanted”