Looking for house for next year

Looking for a long term rent? Post here. Don't forget to mention which area in Crete you are looking for.
Jean

Postby Jean » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:19 pm

So 900 euro per month is expensive for a house like the one asked for here for the months of july and august? I would say it's cheap per week for those months and at this price well below prices quoted on the internet!

I was talking about long term rental (and that generally means at least a year in the Greek market). Of course you can get A LOT more per week in the high season. You'll also be breaking the law unless you have an EOT license. I'll let others tell you what the consequences of getting caught would be as I am not familiar with this but I believe that it's not pretty.

der

Postby der » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:06 pm

All very interesting. Now my friend is asking is there anything available on the Akrotiri? He thought he would be paying over 600 euro a month for what he wants. What are prices like on the Akrotiri? Any ideas?

Jean

Postby Jean » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:36 pm

He thought he would be paying over 600 euro a month for what he wants.

and he might well pay more because he is only looking for 3 months. The prices that Caroline and I were quoting were for long term rental. Most people renting houses look for tenants who will stay a few years and might not be interested in renting for 3 months unless there is a financial incentive to do so

Back to your question"What are prices like on the Akrotiri?" ... they tend to be in the high side. Again, that's for long term rentals.

mouche

Postby mouche » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:36 pm

I honestly doubt that you will find a house with four bedrooms and a pool not too far from the beach and Chania on the Akrotiri even at 600 euro a week for the months of july and august.

Return to “Long term rent - Wanted”