Experienced Agricultural worker wanted

Jobs available, staff wanted. Post details of available jobs here.
DobbyTheHouseElf

Experienced Agricultural worker wanted

Postby DobbyTheHouseElf » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:27 pm

Agricultual worker wanted from end of october.For Olive picking season.(950 trees).Knowledge of Strimmer/Weedwacker and Chainsaws essential.First for the preperation of the land prior to commencing of picking .Collection of any wood and branches on the ground and the clearing of undergrowth,brambles ,branches etc prior the to picking.Then the preperation and repair of nets prior to picking of the olives.Payment 30 euro per day .Accomodation maybe avalaible, plus the supply of STAPLE foods only-Rice,Pasta,Potatoes,Bread,,Meat.End of October to end of picking (late December to early January?) Then a short break ( one week?) then the pruning of the trees for further three or four weeks possibly? All Depending on when the olives will be ripe and whether there will be more rain from now onwards to ensure any worthwhile harvest.PM me please.
Last edited by DobbyTheHouseElf on Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:28 pm, edited 5 times in total.

mouche

Re: Experienced Agricultural Worker worker wanted

Postby mouche » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:50 am

WHat is the Greek minimum wage per day for 2018?

DobbyTheHouseElf

Postby DobbyTheHouseElf » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:42 pm

mouche wrote:WHat is the Greek minimum wage per day for 2018?

The mininum wage is per hour not per day!Of course it depends on the hours worked.We want 6 hours of paid work per day plus an hour for morning break and Lunch .So after we have paid the OGA and insurance ourselves the minimun wage we are offering is 30 euros per day in the bank. Food and accomodation is included as payment with acesss to a washing machine and free washing powder.
Last edited by DobbyTheHouseElf on Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:47 pm

It's currently quoted as €683.76 per month, I think by Eurostat. When I was paid a salary in Greece a month counted as 25 days for the purpose of IKA so that would equate to €27.35 per day. I am not sure if the figures are quoted gross or net of tax and insurance. Normally I would expect gross figures to be quoted but Greek employers tend to negotiate net wages.

Warwick

PS After posting I also found this statement in this Global HR Law document:

The national gross minimum wage since 2012 has been EUR 586.08 per month for employees over 25 and EUR 510.95 for employees under 25, but it is adjusted based on the number of years of experience in the job. There are specifi c minimum wage rates for blue collar employees (i.e. a daily rate of EUR 26.18 for those over 25 and EUR 22.83 for those under 25, adjusted for years of service). The minimum wage used to be set by an Act of the Cabinet but the process has changed and now the Minister of Labour will review the minimum wage, based on consultation with representatives of the social partners, scientists and others.

Return to “Job Vacancies Crete”