Ryanair departure gate

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Danny

Ryanair departure gate

Postby Danny » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:51 pm

i'd heard that Ryanairs new departure gate at the airport in Athens is a very long way from check in, can anyone confirm this , was told it's a 20 minute walk which if true will cause a couple of member's of our family problems

filippos

Re: Ryanair departure gate

Postby filippos » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:34 pm

If that is the case then, when booking seats, inform them that airport assistance will be needed. I may be wrong but I'm fairly sure that this is an airport service rather than an airline service. My late in-laws needed assistance and were served very well.
There's info on Ryanair site here but I'd also look for details on the Athens Airport site here.
On the airport site paged linked above there's a link to their ebook. Use your mouse scroll wheel to flip pages (about 6 or so) to get to the English language section. (First time I've seen an ebook presented this way [and I have dozens] and I don't think it can be downloaded).

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:10 pm

You can also turn pages on a desktop PC by putting the cursor at bottom/top right, pressing and holding left click and dragging to the left just like using a finger to turn a page. I would guess on a tablet/smart phone that it works by swiping left. Usually you can arrange special assistance as part of the booking procedure with the airline. If that was not done I would contact the airline.

Warwick

filippos

Postby filippos » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:02 am

Kilkis wrote:Usually you can arrange special assistance as part of the booking procedure with the airline.

Most (maybe all) airline sites I've looked at during the last few years ask the question, "Do you require special assistance......?" at some stage of the booking system but I don't know (never having followed the link) if that applies to arranging help only outbound or the return also.
I didn't read through all Ryanair help on the subject but what I did read seemed to focus on procedures at outbound departure i.e. when to check in, where to go etc. It may well be possible to arrange both outbound and inbound but, as assistance is an airport rather than an airline function, inevitably, there will be differences in procedures between airports and airlines for getting people in the right place on time.

Danny

Postby Danny » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:20 pm

Thanks everyone will check it out, still no reply from ryanair

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:41 pm

I think the airline acts as the point of contact for both legs, Filippos, and passes information on to the relevant section at the airport. I've never made use of the facility so I don't know for sure. I know somebody who did need help and forgot to include a request for it when booking. They subsequently contacted the airline and it was all arranged for both legs. I think that was with Ryanair.

Warwick

filippos

Postby filippos » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:10 pm

Kilkis wrote:I've never made use of the facility so I don't know for sure.
Me neither.

Yin&Yang

Postby Yin&Yang » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:51 pm

Ryanair are not very easy to get hold of. When I have needed to in the past I have gone on 'live chat' with them on their website. Maybe it's worth a try.
Someday is now : )

Return to “General Discussion & News”