Ikea Heraklion

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Tim

Ikea Heraklion

Postby Tim » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:59 pm

Hi
I am trying to organise myself to buy some furniture on arrival in Crete next month. I'm looking at the Ikea.gr website and finding the items I'm interested in .... could anyone tell me:

In the drop down menu of stores for stock availability (Επιλέξτε κατάστημα), Heraklion doesn't seem to get a mention. However there is a listing for 'airport' (Αεροδρόμιο). Is this Heraklion? I know the store's at the end of the runway!

Also, Αεροδρόμιο is not listed in the drop down menu for every item. Does that mean the item is not stocked in that particular store?

I'd be grateful for any advice.

Many thanks
Tim (surrounded by boxes and 'stuff')

Kilkis

Re: Ikea Heraklion

Postby Kilkis » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:44 pm

The one labelled Αεροδρόμιο is at the airport in Athens.

The "stores" in Chania and Heraklion are not full stores, i.e. they don't have any stock. They are purely order and collection points. They have "Κέντρο Παραγγελιών και Παραλαβών" in huge letters under the IKEA sign on the front of the building.

Warwick

Tim

Postby Tim » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:49 pm

Thanks, Warwick, that'll do nicely.

Tim

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:46 pm

As far as I can see, and I could be completely wrong since I don't use IKEA, I think you have to place the order in that pick-up point in order to get it delivered to that pick up point. Unlike e-shop, I cant see a way to order it online and specify a particular IKEA pick-up point for collection. Perhaps its possible.

Warwick

Tim

Postby Tim » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:48 pm

Yes, that's the feeling I got from studying the website. Not a problem - I can nip in to Heraklion, order what I want and pick it up in my van as and when. I'll report back if it will help anyone.

Also, will have a RHD low mileage Fiat Doblo 1.6 van for sale in the summer if anyone's considering their medium-term plans.

Tim

louisejersey

Postby louisejersey » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:04 pm

Hi, yes you have to go to the Ikea shop (just down the road from the airport) and order. They will ring you in 5 days to tell you that your things have arrived, you can then go and collect. I usually select my things from the English web site, and write down the name of the item. The staff are really helpful and you can sit with them while they look for the items you want . They will then order from the Greek site. You can also have things delivered . Cost depends on how far you are from the store.

Tim

Postby Tim » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:30 pm

Thanks, Louise, that's helpful. If you need anything big/heavy bringing back from Ikea while I've got the van, maybe let me know nearer the time and I'd be pleased to drop it off in Neapoli.

Tim

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:41 am

louisejersey wrote:...I usually select my things from the English web site, and write down the name of the item...

I don't know if things have changed since I last used IKEA, in Thessaloniki about 15 years ago, but then they only had about half the items that are stocked in the UK?

Warwick

louisejersey

Postby louisejersey » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:02 am

Thanks Tim, that's kind. Will bear it in mind. Happy Shopping.

louisejersey

Postby louisejersey » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:38 am

Hadn't thought of that Warwick, I must just have been lucky? So, maybe check with the Greek site as well. :D

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:20 am

Perhaps they've extended their range over the intervening period. The shop in Thessaloniki had only been open a relatively short time when I last visited and it was the first IKEA store to open in Greece in 2001. Possibly opening further stores, especially in Athens has given them greater scope to carry a wider range of products.

Warwick

Houmeri91

Postby Houmeri91 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:48 pm

Hi Tim ,

the IKEA is as everyone else said small ( one in Chania exactly the same )and just a sample display but right near Practika which definitely worth a look for other stuff furniture isn't fantastic but tools , diy , furnishings etc .. Good luck shopping

Return to “General Discussion & News”