Nomad Insurance Claims

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
amaerl

Nomad Insurance Claims

Postby amaerl » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:52 pm

Has anyone had any experience of claiming for Damaged goods from Nomad? If so I would welcome your advice.

We asked Nomad to wrap and transport two 'As New' Ovens to Crete as this seemed a much cheaper option than buying again here. The oven and microwave oven were part of a new fitted kitchen bought five years or so ago but never used as our existing appliances were still in good condition. We basically put them into storage and forgot about them! Nomad make such a song and dance about the expertise of their packing I didn't really expect any problems at all, but the main oven had a big dent in the top where something heavy must have been put on top of it and both ovens are scratched and scuffed on the facia which has upset me more than the dent! If only they had boxed them instead of just wrapping them in soft furnishing plastic.

The claim form was emailed to me but the Insurers require a long list of things including a professional estimate for the cost of repair, the original valuation document and packing lists and delivery receipts which we just werent given. My emails today requesting further advice on completing this form have gone unanswered, which is very depressing. I paid for insurance in good faith and paid about £25 on top for them to professionally wrap these items. What a waste!

So sorry for the rant, but it is really annoying to have this problem. As said, any help would be much appreciated

Mary (Amaerl)

Kookla

Re: Nomad Insurance Claims

Postby Kookla » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:54 pm

Hi, have sent you a pm. Good luck - you will need it! We had an utterly dreadful experience.

amaerl

Postby amaerl » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:22 am

Thank you Koola, I have replied to your PM :D

Kookla

Postby Kookla » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:34 pm

Hi, could you resend add a ‘k’ before the ‘l’ all the best x

amaerl

Postby amaerl » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:11 pm

Ooops! I am sorry, auto correct strikes again I think. I clicked on the link to reply so hopefully you received my reply?

Kookla

Postby Kookla » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:06 am

Hi, have received your reply and replied to it. I will also look out my paperwork and pursue with BAR. x

Return to “General Discussion & News”