lockdown ticket

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Ann McCallum

lockdown ticket

Postby Ann McCallum » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:42 pm

anyone know what to do if you believe you were issued a lockdown ticket unfairly?

Kilkis

Re: lockdown ticket

Postby Kilkis » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:59 pm

I know you can appeal it. I've seen one statement that it has to be within 3 days and another that it must be within 5 days. Neither statement said whether it was calendar days or working days. I have no idea where you can lodge that appeal but I would imagine KEP should be able to tell you. I think this is your nearest KEP office.

Please post your experience.

Warwick

Jean

Postby Jean » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:46 pm

Officially you need an appointment but in practice, you just queue outside their office until your turn comes. The Vamvakopoulo KEP is generally very quiet so it should not be a long wait.
Let us know how it went with contesting the fine.

Ann McCallum

Postby Ann McCallum » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:18 pm

hello,

thanks for your responses. first of all, it was my son who got the ticket. he is a greek citizen. apparently the information for an appeal is on the back of the ticket. you get 5 days to respond. the office to go to is at the police station on the souda road, the traffic department. at that office, you pick up the form where you write details of why you are appealing the ticket. then of course submit the form. he has done all of that and is waiting on a response. i will let you know what the response is. it isnt looking good for him since to date an appeal for this type of ticket has never had a positive response. all unsuccessful.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:38 pm

Purely out of curiosity, could you say what part of the rules he broke in general terms, e.g. didn't have the correct notification/paperwork, wasn't wearing a mask etc. I only ask because I would imagine some things would be very difficult to appeal, e.g. if you aren't wearing a mask then you aren't wearing a mask. Other things might be more open to interpretation, e.g. exactly where you shop, as has been mentioned before.

Warwick

Tim

Postby Tim » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:37 pm

A small mercy should your son lose his appeal, Ann?

https://www.keeptalkinggreece.com/2021/ ... iolations/

Tim

shine on

Postby shine on » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:52 pm

Yep, €500 is a lot of money, especially if two people in a car get nabbed, then it’s €1,000.
My plan of digging a 10 mile hole to Sklavenitis has been ruined....watched Shawshank too many times, I now know how Andy Dufresne felt.

Kamisiana

Postby Kamisiana » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:54 pm

Friday morning the fines are going up to 500euro, Friday evening announce the shops are opening from Monday, Kerching government money spinner.

Tim

Postby Tim » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:14 pm

Actually, the PM has just done a U-turn and the fine is back down to *only* 300. I'm not sure you'd need a tunnel @shine on, a simple tear in the space/time continuum would probably do the trick.

https://www.keeptalkinggreece.com/2021/ ... 300-euros/

Tim

shine on

Postby shine on » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:08 pm

Tim wrote:Actually, the PM has just done a U-turn and the fine is back down to *only* 300. I'm not sure you'd need a tunnel @shine on, a simple tear in the space/time continuum would probably do the trick.

Tim

If only, I guess though I’d go back to the 70’s, life seemed somewhat better.

Jean

Postby Jean » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:39 pm

If only, I guess though I’d go back to the 70’s, life seemed somewhat better.

Possibly because you were 50 years younger?

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:13 pm

Ah the good old 70s. Rampant inflation, the three day week, miners strikes, the collapse of British Leyland, the winter of discontent, rubbish piled up in the streets, bodies unburied, hospitals blockaded by pickets. Happy days indeed.

Warwick

shine on

Postby shine on » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:23 pm

Kilkis wrote:Ah the good old 70s. Rampant inflation, the three day week, miners strikes, the collapse of British Leyland, the winter of discontent, rubbish piled up in the streets, bodies unburied, hospitals blockaded by pickets. Happy days indeed.

Warwick

That’s maybe how you saw it, I don’t, I see things a lot worse today, and I don’t just mean coronavirus. I will not list, as this is not the subject of the original post.

Return to “General Discussion & News”