If you are fully vaccianted in Greece...

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Kilkis

Re: If you are fully vaccianted in Greece...

Postby Kilkis » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:04 am

I don't know why they say they can't do it? I have downloaded the Greek scanner App onto my smart phone and I can scan the QR code on anyone's certificate. It even works on UK certificates if they were issued after 1 November or thereabouts. It takes a couple of seconds and comes up with a simple green tick and the word accepted if it is OK. Why can't each church put two of its congregation on the door and scan everybody's certificate as they enter. It is quite common at many Orthodox services, e.g. weddings, baptisms, Pascha etc for large parts of the congregation to wait outside and follow the service on speakers. Priests could advise unvaccinated members to do that, wear masks and maintain social distancing.

They claim they don't have the authority BUT priests have kicked out congregation members for wearing a mask, i.e. obeying the law, because they don't personally believe in it. If they have the authority to exclude people who obey the law they must have the authority to exclude people who don't obey the law. Surely if the law gives taverna owners the duty and the authority to exclude unvaccinated customers then if that law is extended to churches it must also give priests the same duty and authority?

Sorry I don't know the current status, Bob.

Warwick

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:55 pm

I susppect the reason would be that no-one would volunteer to stand at the door for 2 or 3 hours, checking QR codes. Bob.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

TweetTweet

Postby TweetTweet » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:44 pm

Warwick said:

They claim they don't have the authority BUT priests have kicked out congregation members for wearing a mask, i.e. obeying the law, because they don't personally believe in it. If they have the authority to exclude people who obey the law they must have the authority to exclude people who don't obey the law. Surely if the law gives taverna owners the duty and the authority to exclude unvaccinated customers then if that law is extended to churches it must also give priests the same duty and authority?

I am pondering - although close relatives, 'Rules' and 'Law' are not the same.

Does anyone have the Penal Code Number regarding e.g. Taverna owners?

Regarding 'Duty' - "A man has a duty to perform towards himself; he is bound by the law of nature to protect his life and his limbs; it is his duty, too, to avoid all intemperance in eating and drinking, and in the unlawful gratification of all his other appetites.

He has duties to perform towards others. He is bound to do to others the same justice which he would have a right to expect them to do to him."

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:56 pm

TweetTweet wrote:...I am pondering - although close relatives, 'Rules' and 'Law' are not the same.

Does anyone have the Penal Code Number regarding e.g. Taverna owners?...

I think in most countries, including Greece and the UK the government enacted "Laws", "Νόμος" in Greece and an Act of Parliament in the UK, that gave them the authority, for a period of time, to impose "Rules" as and when needed to respond to the ever changing situation with the virus. I cannot give you the number of the Νόμος but it means that they don't need to go back to parliament to change the "Rules". The Νόμος imbues the Rules with the power of law.

Warwick

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:00 pm

The orthodox cathedral in Chania had people checking vaccinations and identities this morning; private security guards, presumably paid for by the state? Local churches? Bob.

Rick

Postby Rick » Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:02 pm

When I returned to the U.K. last October, I was instructed to self isolate despite me being fully vaccinated in Crete. I have received the following explanation from the U.K. Health Security Agency - test & trace, why my self isolation period was necessary.
Although the directive is under review, it still currently stands, so anyone returning to be U.K. for Xmas might need to self isolate for 10 days even if double vaccinated - including a booster.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
In order to be exempt from self-isolation as a recent close contact of a positive COVID-19 case, an individual would need to be:
• fully vaccinated with both MHRA-approved vaccines ADMINISTERED IN THE UNITED KINGDOM
• below the age of 18 years and 6 months
• taking part or have taken part in an approved COVID-19 vaccine trial
• not able to get vaccinated for medical reasons

Unlike borders, NHS Test and Trace are unable to see every person or ask for written evidence and legally binding declarations of vaccines. Therefore, unless an individual is vaccinated in the UK, they will be required to self-isolate if they are identified as a close contact of a positive case. This was a ministerial decision which is currently under review. The government and the UK Health Security Agency are actively exploring possible ways of validating the vaccine status of people vaccinated overseas when they are identified as a close contact of a confirmed COVID-19 case.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:32 pm

Rick wrote:...Unlike borders, NHS Test and Trace are unable to see every person or ask for written evidence and legally binding declarations of vaccines...

As often seems to happen with the UK government nowadays this appears to be a lie? As part of the PLF process you can upload a scan of your EU Digital COVID certificate. The PLF form must go to NHS Test and Trace, since they are the people contacting anyone to tell them what they need to do if there is a positive case on the plane. If they have your QR code they must be able to validate whether you are fully vaccinated or not. See this web page about half way down under "Proving your vaccination status".

Warwick

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:04 pm

Left hand, right hand? Incompetent briefing?

Return to “General Discussion & News”