Census Form

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Kilkis

Re: Census Form

Postby Kilkis » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:19 am

Tim wrote:I got nabbed at our village taverna on Sunday. The lady took my details and wrote them down on a piece of paper - I assume she filled in the form later.

Tim

Didn't anybody warn you, Tim, that she was not a census taker but just the local con-artist? She uses the census as an excuse to collect information that she can then use to create fake identities.

Warwick

PS I read a report a few days ago that 5 census takers in Patras had quit because they were getting so much abuse from people they approached.

Tim

Postby Tim » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:47 am

In that case all she had to do was quickly run a scanner over me and the microchips that are swirling around my system, courtesy of my jabs, would have given her all the info she and Bill Gates might require. No need for subterfuge.

Tim

mrsbluenose

Postby mrsbluenose » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:14 pm

daveB wrote:Has anyone who received the form tried to enter details online? It does have an English translation but ...
I cannot get past the registration page but not sure why.

Yes I completed it online for a friend. No real problems but some of the questions, or rather the possible answers, weren't particularly appropriate for an ex-pat pensioner.

Still waiting for our card.

Stu

margarita

Postby margarita » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:08 pm

Kilkis wrote:[

PS I read a report a few days ago that 5 census takers in Patras had quit because they were getting so much abuse from people they approached.

The article I read said it was 500 out of 700 census takers in Patras who had resigned.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:47 pm

Oooops! What's a factor 100 between friends, Margarita?

Warwick

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:28 pm

If anybody is trying to do the census form online it works pretty well in Chrome but a few drop down boxes don't translate. In the ones asking for your country of origin the selection for anybody from the UK is "128-ΗΝΩΜΕΝΟ ΒΑΣΙΛΕΙΟ". They are in Greek alphabetical order, not numerical order so you need to scroll down to items starting with "Η". The form requires your AMKA number and it only recognises ones that start with your date of birth ddmmyy. You cannot submit the form without it so if you can't supply it you need to fill in a paper version with one of the enumerators.

Warwick

evansmr1

Postby evansmr1 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:03 pm

In our Village we have not received any Censor envelope. Had a lad coming around checking on properties. That was beginning of November.

I know that the date has been extended, but unless it is again extended (par for the course) we will not be counted.
Mike
=============
Sic parvis magna

Spondall

Postby Spondall » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:20 pm

Kilkis wrote:If anybody is trying to do the census form online it works pretty well in Chrome but a few drop down boxes don't translate. In the ones asking for your country of origin the selection for anybody from the UK is "128-ΗΝΩΜΕΝΟ ΒΑΣΙΛΕΙΟ". They are in Greek alphabetical order, not numerical order so you need to scroll down to items starting with "Η". The form requires your AMKA number and it only recognises ones that start with your date of birth ddmmyy. You cannot submit the form without it so if you can't supply it you need to fill in a paper version with one of the enumerators.

Warwick

Re the country of origin, in chrome, if you start typing the number (128) the drop down is reduced.
I left the AMKA numbers blank and moved on. It accepted my submission.

Extended to 13 Dec now the enumerator told me when our number was delivered Monday.

Steve

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:26 pm

Spondall wrote:...I left the AMKA numbers blank and moved on. It accepted my submission...

Odd? I was trying to help a friend to complete his form as I don't have a reference number yet. I tried leaving the AMKA blank but it would not go to the next page. I could get to the next page by clicking on the boxes at the top but it would not let me submit the form and kept going back to the AMKA box and flagging up an error. My friend contacted the lady who had given him the original paperwork and she said that if he didn't have an AMKA number he could not make an online submission and she would come to his house on Saturday to complete a paper version.

Did you manage to download/print the certificate that proves you have completed a submission?

Warwick

Spondall

Postby Spondall » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:15 pm

Did you manage to download/print the certificate that proves you have completed a submission?

Yes I have the form, keep for 6 months. ΠΡΟΣΟΧΗ: Το βεβαιωτικό σημείωμα απογραφής να φυλαχτεί για έξι μήνες

Steve

Return to “General Discussion & News”