Too good to be true?

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
YoMo2

Too good to be true?

Postby YoMo2 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:58 am

So the "experts" they foist on Greece in order to flog off the state assets are accused of corruption, but unless they are given immunity, Greece doesn't get the next bailout tranche?!!! You couldn't script it............

http://www.ekathimerini.com/209322/article/ekathimerini/business/court-case-of-six-taiped-experts-puts-tranche-at-risk

Thoughts anyone? Loretta?

Andrew

filippos

Re: Too good to be true?

Postby filippos » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:03 am

YoMo2 wrote:..................... You couldn't script it............

Of course you could, Andrew. There are plenty of precedents of "minor accounting errors" made by politicians and appointees of the incorruptible elite heading the EU. It's much the same at a national level but in smaller murky ponds. Just one of many reasons I'll be voting "leave" in our referendum. At least there's some minor hope that a few of our own grubby bunch might be held to account: crikey, at least three MPs have been nicked in the last ten years but I'm not so sure about our own unelected bureaucrats.

Loretta9

Postby Loretta9 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:37 pm

Its Alice in Wonderland stuff. The whole system is corrupt. Ruled by the corrupt for the corrupt. I said on here some years back that the Greek PM should do a deal with Russia and or China then they wont have to accept all the crap from the corrupt TROIKA and the EU Men in Black. I am voting OUT of EU for the same reason stated by fillipos.
The brass neck of the of these people. But then Tsipras sold Greece out so all you can do is kiss the arxes of the EU Commission.

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:02 pm

Loretta9 wrote:I said on here some years back that the Greek PM should do a deal with Russia and or China then they wont have to accept all the crap from the corrupt TROIKA and the EU Men in Black. .

Of course, the Russians and Chinese are known worldwide for their fairness and their 'squeaky-clean' images.

Спасибо, но НЕТ!

Bob
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

mouche

Postby mouche » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:27 pm

According to estimates Mr. Putin has a personal wealth which is not that far from the total Greek debt, but I doubt that Mr. Putin is corrupt.
The Chinese leadership is also well known for their strong stance against corruption and they all live in modesty, travel monkey class and are all in favor of democratic processes.

Loretta9

Postby Loretta9 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:18 pm

Bob ... that would be meaningful if it was the case that the EU and the UK and the USA for example were squeaky clean. Which, of course, they are not. Where do you want to start? Guantanamo - owned and managed by "the land of the free" ?? Credit Crunch ... yep .. Putin must be pasty faced.
PS: China is supporting African Countries; They said they will NOT tell them how to vote or run their country and gave interest free loans.
Last edited by Loretta9 on Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:25 pm

Sorry Loretta - don't understand. In one breath you are vilifying the EU and then suggesting that we suck up to the Russians and the Chinese as an alternative. When I point out the obvious problem that neither Russia nor China is 'squeaky clean', from your reply to that I infer that you would prefer the mafia types in those countries to the banksters in the EU. Sorry, but I can't see any point in jumping out of the frying pan into the fire. Bob.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

Return to “General Discussion & News”