Heating Oil

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
bobscott

Re: Heating Oil

Postby bobscott » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:44 am

Clio wrote:Available from Saturday, average price expected to be 92 cents per litre.

98c a litre in Apokoronas (Almyrida)
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

peebee

Postby peebee » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:08 pm

bobscott wrote:98c a litre in Apokoronas (Almyrida)

Ouch that's a big increase. Bought some in April and it was 80 cents.

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:24 pm

peebee wrote:

Fuel prices are always high in Apokoronas/Chania area. Last time I paid that price was in Feb 15. In January 16 it was 75c. Rumours some years ago that authorities were investigating the high prices but nothing ever came of it. Vested interests again no doubt.

scooby

Postby scooby » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:25 pm

peebee wrote:

We should be thankful, remember when it was 1.50 a litre.
Men in suits will always make you pay.

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:55 pm

YoMo2 wrote:
Nice try at diverting the pedants from their debate...... On which subject, Carolina, I may have missed the joke, but why would I ask for quote "heating oil" unquote, in a diesel fuelled car?

Andrew (confused).

My reply was to johnincrete who said 'Can someone give me the Greek for Heating Oil so I can order some".

P.S. Is it really being pedantic to explain the Greek language? I'd agree if it was about commas or grammar, but not when someone asks a question and gets three different answers?

YoMo2

Postby YoMo2 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:38 am

Carolina wrote:...........P.S. Is it really being pedantic to explain the Greek language? I'd agree if it was about commas or grammar, but not when someone asks a question and gets three different answers?

Well, maybe not. It just felt like another one of those threads that go on forever with hairs being split ever finer....... :shock:

Andrew
"It's all in the implementation"

BST

Postby BST » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:11 am

I see there are going to be tax hikes on petrol and diesel in 2017. Does anyone know if this includes heating oil?

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:05 pm

The owner of a garage near me told a friend that heating oil was going to go up next year. He's one of the more organised ones and usually quite knowledgeable about what is happening. I'm not sure if he was referring specifically to a tax hike associated with the one on petrol and diesel but it is possible.

Warwick

PS It's dropped back to €0.96 at my local garage and I've seen it as low as €0.91 around Chania. I'm not sure how far they would deliver.

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:52 pm

The Almyrida price I quoted on 16th October was reduced from 0.98 to 0.94 a few days ago. Bob.

BST

Postby BST » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:23 pm

It's 91 in some Chania garages today but crude had started to go up. The question is..... Is it going to continue going up plus is there going to be extra tax on oil in January? Maybe better to top up now??? :roll:

STEVE.W

Postby STEVE.W » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:52 pm

People may find this of use, I find it quite accurate and updated regularly, it helps if you are going somewhere to plan to stop & fill up if you might be in the area of the cheapest fuel, the difference is quite often around 5-8 cents in Chania compared to local filling stations.

http://www.4real.gr/FuelPrices/public/show-fuel-prices

Steve

PS. Use the drop down menu in the top left to obtain the prices of the different types of fuel including heating oil & LPG
Expat TV Services & Setup - PM for details

scooby

Postby scooby » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:08 pm

STEVE.W wrote:People may find this of use, I find it quite accurate and updated regularly, it helps if you are going somewhere to plan to stop & fill up if you might be in the area of the cheapest fuel, the difference is quite often around 5-8 cents in Chania compared to local filling stations.

http://www.4real.gr/FuelPrices/public/show-fuel-prices

Steve

PS. Use the drop down menu in the top left to obtain the prices of the different types of fuel including heating oil & LPG
It's good to find the cheapest fuel I guess but we always buy our fuel from the same garage even though he is usually 2 or 3 cents more than a few garages nearby, it has it's advantages for example, if there is a strike of some sort he always has fuel for us no matter what, also the eggs, honey, home made beer and snacks when we drop in are always welcome.
Men in suits will always make you pay.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:13 pm

I also find that useful, Steve, but it doesn't seem to be working quite as well as it used to. There are many garages not shown. Some of those don't seem to be publishing prices so it is understandable they are not shown on the general map. I know of at least one Shell garage, however, that is not shown on the general map but if I select "Shell" on the drop down menu then it does appear with prices. I wonder how many others are missing and what the criterion is?

Warwick

STEVE.W

Postby STEVE.W » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:02 am

There is a site I used to use in the UK which worked the same way, they rely on the public uploading the data to be accurate.

I understand people wanting to use the same garage (especially for the eggs, honey etc lol) but it is, none the less, a useful tool and if you run LPG, perhaps more useful as these garages are few and far between although I note, increasing.

Steve
Expat TV Services & Setup - PM for details

annabanana

Postby annabanana » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:51 pm

Hi there,
I know we can get heating oil,but has anyone got a boiler that's run on olive waste pallets is so what do you think about it?
Thanks

Return to “General Discussion & News”