Road Tax 2017 - A Guide on how to print and pay!

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Stavros

Road Tax 2017 - A Guide on how to print and pay!

Postby Stavros » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:09 pm

Dear Friends,

The Taxisnet portal for the 2017 Road Tax is now open, please follow the link below for a graphic guide on how to enter and print your notification!

http://www.insuranceline.gr/en/usefull-hints-a-tips

Phild

Re: Road Tax 2017 - A Guide on how to print and pay!

Postby Phild » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:33 pm

If you bank with Piraeus Bank, and have access to the Winbank website, you can pay directly without having to access TAXISnet.

When you have logged-in to Winbank, use the "Payments" menu, to go to the "Popular" payments page. This lists "Annual Vehicle Fees" as one of the popular payments. You could also choose to pay in installments using this method.

Clicking on "Annual Vehicle Fees" takes you to a page where you can input your AFM (Greek Tax) number and the number plate of your car (in English or Greek characters, I tested it with both).

Pressing the "Retrieve payment data from TAXISNet" button then adds your payment number and the fee to the remaining fields on the screen, after this all you have to do is press the "Next" button, and submit the payment on the next page.

PiraeusVehicleTax2017.jpg
PiraeusVehicleTax2017.jpg (39.57 KiB) Viewed 1989 times

Good luck!
----
Phil
----

Stavros

Postby Stavros » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:23 pm

Phild wrote:If you bank with Piraeus Bank, and have access to the Winbank website, you can pay directly without having to access TAXISnet.

When you have logged-in to Winbank, use the "Payments" menu, to go to the "Popular" payments page. This lists "Annual Vehicle Fees" as one of the popular payments. You could also choose to pay in installments using this method.

Clicking on "Annual Vehicle Fees" takes you to a page where you can input your AFM (Greek Tax) number and the number plate of your car (in English or Greek characters, I tested it with both).

Pressing the "Retrieve payment data from TAXISNet" button then adds your payment number and the fee to the remaining fields on the screen, after this all you have to do is press the "Next" button, and submit the payment on the next page.

Good luck!

That's great info and very easy! Thank you!

scooby

Postby scooby » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:23 pm

Phild wrote:If you bank with Piraeus Bank, and have access to the Winbank website, you can pay directly without having to access TAXISnet.

Good luck!
Just to add, if you put your email address in you get another receipt sent which you can also keep.
Men in suits will always make you pay.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:22 pm

Alpha Bank has the same feature as Piraeus. It's under Payments > Greek public Sector > Vehicle Circulation Tax. You can either enter the payment code, if you have already got the form from GSIS, or you can ask it to find the information by entering your ΑΦΜ and the registration number.

Incidentally, the GSIS web site doesn't care if the letters are Greek or English provided you use the letter that looks the same in both. For example the Greek letter "Chi" looks like the English letter "Ex" and they are on the same key on the keyboard. The Greek letters that don't have an identical looking letter in English, such as Gamma or Omega, are never used on Greek number plates. It also doesn't care if they are upper or lower case. The Alpha Bank web site does insist on Greek letters.

A minor point but if you have a vehicle with fewer than 4 numbers it is necessary to pad it with zeros. For example XYZ12 should be entered as XYZ0012. I think this only applies to motorbikes but it might be relevant for some other vehicles?

Warwick

filippos

Postby filippos » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:16 pm

Thanks, Phild.
It hadn't occurred to me to look at Piraeus on-line banking payments. Logged in and it worked just as described. Took less than 2 minutes.

eddie foster

Postby eddie foster » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:53 am

Worth noting that - certainly with the Piraeus system - you can use your account to pay any car tax bill, not just your own, and pay any number of such bills. It may save some of your friends without on-line banking the need to queue up for hours at the bank or post office and it will save you the need to visit the ATM to draw cash. Everyone's a winner.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:26 am

eddie foster wrote:Worth noting that - certainly with the Piraeus system - you can use your account to pay any car tax bill, not just your own,...

That will be true of any bank, Eddie, and any bill that is capable of being paid on-line for that matter. Any on-line payment is actually made using a payment code. All the bank system is doing in this case is using the ΑΦΜ and vehicle registration number to query the GSIS web site and obtain the correct payment code, which it then automatically fills in on the payment form. If any bank hasn't got this facility you can visit the GSIS site yourself and get the correct code.

There might be an additional benefit to anybody who is tax resident with friends who are not. Next year the government is proposing that your tax rebate will be dependent on how much you spend through on-line payments and with credit/debit cards. The government will get the figures automatically from your bank. I am not sure in how much detail they will examine what the payments are for but, if they don't dig too deep, it is possible that you could boost your electronic spending by paying many bills for non-tax resident friends and collecting cash from them. Win-win-win.

Warwick

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:36 pm

Kilkis wrote:Alpha Bank has the same feature as Piraeus. It's under Payments > Greek public Sector > Vehicle Circulation Tax. You can either enter the payment code, if you have already got the form from GSIS, or you can ask it to find the information by entering your ΑΦΜ and the registration number.

Incidentally, the GSIS web site doesn't care if the letters are Greek or English provided you use the letter that looks the same in both. For example the Greek letter "Chi" looks like the English letter "Ex" and they are on the same key on the keyboard. The Greek letters that don't have an identical looking letter in English, such as Gamma or Omega, are never used on Greek number plates. It also doesn't care if they are upper or lower case. The Alpha Bank web site does insist on Greek letters.

A minor point but if you have a vehicle with fewer than 4 numbers it is necessary to pad it with zeros. For example XYZ12 should be entered as XYZ0012. I think this only applies to motorbikes but it might be relevant for some other vehicles?

Warwick

Α couple of points Warwick. I had to add my additional password which sent me scrabbling for the little gizmo from Alpha bank. Also, although I used the English keyboard, it didn't want to accept that, so I switched to Greek and all was well. Thanks for the tip. Gosh, I really am getting into this 20th (sic) century stuff. Look out world, here I come! Bob.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:55 pm

All payments on Alpha require the additional password at some point. If you used it when you logged on then some payments don't seem to require it again. Some transactions, however, require you to use it again even if you have used it to log on.

It is ONLY the GSIS web site that accepts English characters. The Alpha Bank web site insists on Greek letters, as I said in my previous post. I only mentioned it because both Stavros' excellent tutorial and my accountants email say you must also use Greek letters on the GSIS web site.

Warwick

filippos

Postby filippos » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:00 pm

I only used English characters on Piraeus site, which performed without a hitch. Also, Piraeus don't ask for a OTC for any utility bills that I pay - ΔΕΗ and ΟΤΕ nor did they want one for the Circulation tax payment.

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:54 pm

Kilkis wrote:It is ONLY the GSIS web site that accepts English characters. The Alpha Bank web site insists on Greek letters, as I said in my previous post.

Warwick

One of these days speed reading will be the death of me! Bob.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:23 pm

I guess all banks have their own procedures. With Alpha Bank it depends how you log on to your account, Filippos. You can log on just using your normal password or you can use the OTC device and provide a second password. It doesn't force you to use the second password. If you use the OTC device to provide a second password when you log on then it doesn't ask for it again when you pay companies that are set up by the bank, like ΔΕΗ and ΟΤΕ. It may ask for it again if you want to make a payment to an individual, I think. If you log on without a second password you can still review your accounts/cards and download statements.

Personally I tend not to use it to log on. If I make a mistake in my user ID or my first password and I have used the OTC to generate a second password then it won't log me in and it won't recognise that the next OTC has been used. The OTC will then be out of synch and will need to be re-synchronised. Not a big deal but I find it easier to only use the OTC when I have to.

Warwick

filippos

Postby filippos » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:15 am

Piraeus used to give the option of the second PIN to be used or not at login but don't since they upgraded their web site. As you say you could view accounts and history stuff, etc. Now there's no second PIN required at login but the OTC is required to make payments except for those to utilities (at least, the ones I have to pay) and others where I've set up specific payees e.g. for rent or things like transfers to other banks where we have accounts.

I suppose the second PIN might be required if I simply went online to pay ΔΕΗ or OTE and filled in all the information every time rather than select the "Alias" for each of those so all the details are auto-filled except for the payment amount.

Stavros

Postby Stavros » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:40 am

TaxisNet will be down for 3 and 4 of December:

We would like to inform you that all Taxisnet online services and applications will not be available during the weekend 3 and December 4, 2016, due to system upgrades. Thank you for your understanding.

Return to “General Discussion & News”