Road Tax 2017 - A Guide on how to print and pay!

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Kilkis

Re: Road Tax 2017 - A Guide on how to print and pay!

Postby Kilkis » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:22 am

It looks like the two banks do have different security processes, Filippos. Alpha doesn't require me to use the OTC when I log on but it does have the provision to use it. It is my choice. However, if I don't use the OTC when I log onto the account it asks for the OTC as soon as I click on a specific payment type, e.g. DEI, OTE etc. It doesn't matter whether it is a new payment code or one that I have saved since I can't get that far without using the OTC.

Warwick

Stavros

Postby Stavros » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:38 am

FYI the deadline for the road tax payment is now Monday 2nd January!

peebee

Postby peebee » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:54 am

filippos wrote:I only used English characters on Piraeus site, which performed without a hitch. Also, Piraeus don't ask for a OTC for any utility bills that I pay - ΔΕΗ and ΟΤΕ nor did they want one for the Circulation tax payment.

I tried to pay for a friend this morning (Piraeus Bank website) as they are unable to get to a bank to do it.
Using English characters as I usually do, I attempted to enter `XNP ....' but it would not accept the letter `P', I even tried cutting and pasting one, but it still wouldn't take it.
I tried loads of other letters in frustration, and after typing a random selection of characters after `XN', I was able to enter a `P'.
Went back and deleted the unwanted bits to leave just the XNP, added the numbers, and it worked fine :o

eddie foster

Postby eddie foster » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:39 am

Those of us living in the Rethymno area have similar problems, since our number plates start with the letter 'P' - which is, of course, the Greek letter rho. Try typing in a capital 'R' and the system will miraculously print a 'P'.

eddie foster

Postby eddie foster » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:44 am

PS - the deadline has been extended to 9th January -
see http://www.ekathimerini.com/214944/arti ... d-to-jan-9

Mixos

Postby Mixos » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:02 am

... Just shows how lucky we are in the far east, where the number plate prefix is AN :wink:

filippos

Postby filippos » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:15 am

Maybe the system is encountering overload problems caused by the number of people leaving payment as late as possible.

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:05 am

filippos wrote:Maybe the system is encountering overload problems caused by the number of people leaving payment as late as possible.

......... which could be avoided of course if the requirement to pay could be staggered over the year (as in say UK) .

That way of course, the country would lose some revenue - buy a car in November and pay a whole year's tax for that year , then another year's tax for the coming year in December. Still, it would spread the pressure.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

Return to “General Discussion & News”