DPD telephone number Chania

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Hector

DPD telephone number Chania

Postby Hector » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:28 pm

Hi, Can anyone help me with the DPD telephone number for Chania? I am expecting a parcel. It has my telephone number on it. They haven't called me but have stated in the tracking page that my address is incorrect and they can't deliver. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you :)

Phild

Re: DPD telephone number Chania

Postby Phild » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:23 pm

Hello,

The local agent for DPD in Crete is ACS.

From xo.com, their Chania number is 2821090145, but you might want to look for a more local office to you, to get packages transferred to them.

Good luck!
----
Phil
----

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:52 pm

Does it have a mobile number on it? In my experience couriers never ring landlines only mobiles.

Many couriers, who do not have a network in Greece but use a local courier, like ACS, for final delivery, will give you a tracking number for that courier once they have handed it over. You could try asking DPD what the ACS tracking number is.

Warwick

PS The ACS office on Anagnostou Gogoni seems to act as the main office for Chania. According to the ACS web site their number is 28210-92520

Therowlies

Postby Therowlies » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:14 pm

Normally ACS is the agent for DPD in Greece but as I have just discovered if the parcel is sent DPD Express the Greek courier is not ACS!

I am in the process of trying to find out who the other agent is as the DPD tracking is saying that address is incorrect.

So far neither ACS or DPD have been very helpful in telling me who the other courier is.

filippos

Postby filippos » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:44 pm

I was given a similar run around a year or so ago. I'd hardly put down the phone down after calling ACS when I had an incoming call.
"Yia sou, I am courier. I have a package for you. I am just past Kalami; where is your house." He wasn't from ACS but another local firm. Unfortunately, that's no help as even after racking my brains (what's left) I can't remember the firm's name and my records are long gone.

Clio

Postby Clio » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:25 pm

You could try Geniki.

http://www.greece.com/business/Crete/Ch ... omiki.html

I get quite a lot of courier deliveries and usually such final deliveries as are not handled by ACS are done by Geniki.

Hector

Postby Hector » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:40 pm

Thanks, very helpful. managed to get hold a very helpful lady who told me the courier had tried to phone me twice yesterday. They hadn't and I told her this when she explained the two parcels wouldn't now be delivered until after Christmas. Given the courier was in Vrísses and my telephone number was on the parcels I felt this was unreasonable. The lady then told me that she had given him my phone number from an older delivery some time ago ;) not terribly helpful when the actual number was in the package. I now have the actual couriers number but am told he can't deliver it tomorrow but possibly can Friday. given that he is in Vrisses and I am only in Fres and am happy to collect it I don't see the problem. Hopefully there won't be one tomorrow when I phone him. So complicated :) but thanks for the help and replies. I will remember to write the numbers down for future reference :)

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:28 am

I have never had a problem picking up from the courier rather than let them deliver. I've done it with three different ACS offices and a Speedex office. In those cases the offices are permanently manned during normal opening hours. Perhaps yours is a one man band? If so I wouldn't ask if you can collect it. I would tend to ask at what time you can collect it.

Warwick

Hector

Postby Hector » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:31 am

Ha ha! Thanks Warwick, excellent advice, I am just about to phone :)

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:49 pm

I spent almost all my working life involved in research. The one really key thing that I learned is that finding the answer is not the main difficulty. Knowing what question to ask is the critical factor. The researchers who are famous are the ones that thought of really clever questions to ask. That applies to many things in life.

Warwick

PS I didn't by the way.

Hector

Postby Hector » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:04 pm

Very true :) and thank you, I have my parcels :) very happy.... funny thing is my son knows that there can be issues getting parcels and he wrapped it and shrink wrapped it beautifully with a sheet of white paper on the inside and my name and address in clear bold red letters. The telephone number (that they didn't ring!) was written in 3inch high bold red letters. Hey ho never mind, I have them so no problem. But thanks for the help and the phone numbers. Best wishes for a Happy Christmas :)

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:39 pm

Επίσης.

Warwick

Therowlies

Postby Therowlies » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:53 pm

For me DPD do not know who is handling the delivery.

ACS (the DPD agent for Greece) does not know who has the delivery other than it is not them.

Meanwhile the DPD tracking information is updated daily by someone saying that they have problems with the address, despite the address being the same as previous successful deliveries and the order including my mobile telephone number!

I will continue to remain calm..........

SatCure

Postby SatCure » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:19 pm

Kilkis wrote:In my experience couriers never ring landlines only mobiles.

One (female) courier looked up my landline number in the directory. When she subsequently delivered the package, I could see that it had passed through three couriers who had each rewritten the address and slapped their own label on top of the original - thus hiding my mobile number, which was printed clearly thereupon.

Return to “General Discussion & News”