Wood delivery in Fournes area

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Charliesangel

Wood delivery in Fournes area

Postby Charliesangel » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:07 am

Anyone know of a firewood supplier local to Fournes/Alikianos ? Would appreciate it...

Kilkis

Re: Wood delivery in Fournes area

Postby Kilkis » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:11 am

I use Vassili who has a wood yard on the left hand side going out of Alikianos towards Skines 6937 047460. I got 1 tonne from him earlier in January but I am not sure if he has any wood left. There is another one in Alikianos, I think he is up the road next to the police station but I don't have any contact details for him. Scooby might as he buys Mesithra cheese and Copria* from him I think.

Warwick

* He has strange eating tastes.

Eleni13

Postby Eleni13 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:28 am

Nick Anastasakis 6949 345999. seasoned olive wood.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:10 pm

I suddenly remembered that there is also a guy selling wood in Fournes itself. I don't have any contact details. As you go into Fournes from the Chania side there is a café on the left with wrought iron railings and a Fresh Orange Juice sign. Turn left there. Go up the road 150 m and turn left. Go along that road for about 80 m and there is a road on the left and two roads go off to the right. Take the second one on the right. Go up that road about 100 m and there is an open plot on the left where he prepares and store his logs.

If you live on the Chania side of Fournes you can also get to it by going up the lane next to the bus shelter just after the Bougainvillea taverna. That will bring you to the junction 100 m from his site. Go up the road straight ahead but slightly to your left.

Warwick

Return to “General Discussion & News”