Taxing motorbike

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
SatCure

Taxing motorbike

Postby SatCure » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:41 pm

I know this has been discussed previously but I can't find a recent update.
I've been told that I can tax my 50cc motorbike online. Can anyone direct me to specific information, please?

Thanks.

Martin

Stavros

Re: Taxing motorbike

Postby Stavros » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:38 am

Dear Martin,

You can use this guide and try:

http://www.insuranceline.gr/en/usefull-hints-a-tips

Although I believe 50cc bikes do not pay road tax, they renew the registration at the police station. ΚΕΠ offices will also be able to help you, I would try them first!

Good luck!

Stavros

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:38 am

As far as I know you can't use the online system for 50cc bikes but the process has changed from last year. Previously I think you had to go to a kiosk, the tax office and the police station, not necessarily in that order. This year I think you have to get an e-paravola, take that to the bank and pay and then take the receipt to the police station. I am not 100% sure but I am meeting someone tonight who has done it so I will ask and report back tomorrow.

Warwick

Mackie

Postby Mackie » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:39 pm

How much can I expect to pay for a 50cc to use as runner round?
Just looking for approximate costs or a link
Cheers
Mackie

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:52 pm

Have a play with car.gr.

Warwick

Mackie

Postby Mackie » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:56 pm

Cheers Warwick
Much appreciated

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:09 pm

I checked with my friend tonight. He went to the police station where he normally goes to renew his circulation tax first. They printed out two e-paravolo, one for €12 and one for €3. He took the e-paravolo to the nearest bank and paid the €15. He then took the e-paravolo, with receipts from the bank stapled to them, back to the police station. Job done.

Not bad. A night in a taverna and I can still type something that makes sense. I'll just go and mop up the blood running out of my ears from the musicians who thought they were playing at the Odeon on the Acropolis not inside a 100 sqm taverna.

Warwick

SatCure

Postby SatCure » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:08 am

Finally paid the tax!

For a 50cc motorbike/scooter this is the procedure I had to follow:-

Drive to police station in Haniá and get a paper slip "Αίτημα Χορήγησης Παράβολου". (This slip might be available elsewhere. I didn't ask.) It is in two halves: one for €3 (on which the policeman wrote "ΚΕΠ") and one for €12 making €15 in total.

Drive to motorbike shop in Gogoni street where I bought the m'bike. The salesman knew what to do. He accessed a 4-letter Greek tax web site, clicked on a link (big choice - I didn't see which). That led to another page with a very, very long drop-down list. It took him a full minute to select an option from this list, which opened a two-page form to complete.

He printed out the two completed form pages then repeated the whole process because, he said, "you need two copies".

I had to take the forms to the (my) bank and pay the money. It took a few minutes for the information to be punched into the computer.

Then, with receipts and other paperwork in hand, I went to Vamos police station for updating and stamping the "ΑΔΕΙΑ" green registration booklet.

Phew! Greek "democracy" at its best.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:49 am

I suspect that the policeman wrote KEP on one of the papers because he was suggesting that you take them to KEP. KEP would have printed out the e-Paravolo for you just as the chap at the motorbike shop did. If you know what you are doing you can print them yourself. I suspect that this is the web site the chap at the motorbike shop used. Click on the button and you get the form to fill in. I didn't put a link directly to the form because I have found that such links often only work on the PC that originally accessed the form. I think you need to select the 13th item in the first box, ignoring the word "Επιλέξτε" and the 10th item in the second box. Not sure about the third box. No idea how to get the e-Paravolo for the €3.

Warwick

SatCure

Postby SatCure » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:04 pm

Thanks, Warwick. That looks like the site.
And, thinking about it, yes I think you are correct that any KEP office would have done the printing for me.

As it happened, I had to go to the bike shop anyway because I want a larger capacity "50cc" engine. :wink:

ScotinCrete

Postby ScotinCrete » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:06 am

With my asphalt destroying 125cc I use the same site as for the car.
Am I doing something wrong or is this the 'moped' versus motorbike thing?

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:09 am

You're doing it correctly. Motorbikes are on the same site as the cars and I use it for my 600 cc Honda. It's only 50 cc mopeds, μοτοποδηλάτου, that have to go through a different procedure.

Warwick

Return to “General Discussion & News”