Buying property in Chania town

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
vannae

Buying property in Chania town

Postby vannae » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:57 am

Hi all,

We are considering buying a small flat in Chania Town (possibly the Old Town). I was wondering if anyone could share experiences of apartment hunting in Chania and the buying process? Also, I cannot seem to find what the current property taxes etc are for non-residents (did this just change, or is about to?), so any insights would be highly appreciated!

It has been surprisingly difficult to find information about purchasing city apartments, not villas or plots of land. So please also direct me to good real estate agencies, or any other online resources you can think of.

Many thanks!

jackdaw

Re: Buying property in Chania town

Postby jackdaw » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:05 am

http://www.crete-perfect-home.com/west- ... /M1185.htm
Stuart Simon at Crete Perfect Homes handled our house purchase. Highly recommended.

Kilkis

Re: Buying property in Chania town

Postby Kilkis » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:19 am

Cretan Developments sems to be advertising 62 apartments for sale in the Chania area. Not all are in Chania centre but some are.

I am tax resident but a lot of my friends are non-tax resident and we all pay property tax in exactly the same way. I am not aware of any changes being planned for that aspect of the tax. Changes being discussed seem to revolve around adjustments to values.

Warwick

Return to “General Discussion & News”