Avrio

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Danny

Avrio

Postby Danny » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:03 am

Does anyone know if the newsletter Avrio is still written ? I've been trying to find it but don't see it anywhere.

margarita

Re: Avrio

Postby margarita » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:39 am

Yes, Danny, I still write Avrio in Apokoronas. You won't find it anywhere on-line as I send it out by e-mail.

If you send me a PM with your e-mail address I will add you to the mailing list.

For those who don't know, Avrio in Apokoronas is a free, monthly newsletter containing information about events and other items of interest in the Apokoronas area.

PM me your e-mail address if you would like to be added to the mailing list.

Stavros

Postby Stavros » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:18 pm

I receive it quite often in my email and it's a very useful and informative document, well done Margarita!

SatCure

Postby SatCure » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:03 pm

margarita wrote:I still write Avrio in Apokoronas. You won't find it anywhere on-line as I send it out by e-mail.

I've asked this previously and I recall that you and Phil became quite upset (I still don't know why). So, at risk of upsetting you again - because I think it's a legitimate point - my question was "why don't you simply upload the PDF file to a web site and email everyone the link?" That way others can pass on the link so anyone can download the PDF. Also, people's "inboxes" won't be filled with a large file (with the risk of loss or "bouncing") and the file size will be smaller* (handy for those with a "capped" data limit).

*Smaller because the download will be a raw binary file, not MIME encoded - for the technically minded.
Last edited by SatCure on Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

margarita

Postby margarita » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:34 pm

You can remove the link now, Martin.

I didn't become upset when you asked this question before - I was cross when you posted a link to Avrio on another website without even telling me, let alone asking permission.

I do it the way that I do it because, amongst other things, I like to know how many people are reading Avrio - not that it is any of your business.

Margarita

Return to “General Discussion & News”