Oh To Be In...Somewhere WARM

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Clio

Oh To Be In...Somewhere WARM

Postby Clio » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:13 pm

http://www.keeptalkinggreece.com/2017/0 ... april2017/

Tomorrow's forecast for our parish is nine degrees and raining. (Anyone telling me it's balmy as always in Kalives is welcome to come and feel my frozen fingers around their NECK.)

Yours eking out the heating oil
Clio

margarita

Re: Oh To Be In...Somewhere WARM

Postby margarita » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:55 pm

Clio,

You will be pleased to know that it is not warm in Kalyves. I'm sitting here in my winter woollies, considering putting the heating on.

I was wearing my winter coat in Hania at lunchtime and there were tourists wandering around in shorts & t-shirts!

Margarita

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:24 pm

We've just had a glorious week so I am not prepared to moan about one day. I was walking round Chania this afternoon in a very lightweight coat and I was much too hot. Last Sunday I sat outside all afternoon with friends eating the traditional Paschal meal, thanks to Sue at Cretan corner. I've experienced Paschas in northern Greece on exactly the same weekend when we sat inside with the fire on watching it snow outside. Tomorrow Saturday it is predicted to be cold and wet BUT next week is predicted to be sunny all week with the temperature increasing all week up to 27 C by next Friday. Another couple of weeks and I will be complaining that it is too hot so enjoy a bit of cool while you can.

Warwick

Clio

Postby Clio » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:51 pm

I was walking round Chania this afternoon in a very lightweight coat and I was much too hot

Far be it from me to murmur something about some people having better insulation than others...

Yin&Yang

Postby Yin&Yang » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:57 am

Today's rain is excellent for the plants and trees too! Tomorrow, as has been mentioned, we're back to sunshine 8)
Someday is now : )

filippos

Postby filippos » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:50 am

Clio wrote:
Kilkis wrote: I was walking round Chania this afternoon in a very lightweight coat and I was much too hot
Far be it from me to murmur something about some people having better insulation than others...
margarita wrote:Clio,
You will be pleased to know that it is not warm in Kalyves. I'm sitting here in my winter woollies, considering putting the heating on.
I was wearing my winter coat in Hania at lunchtime and there were tourists wandering around in shorts & t-shirts!

I was walking around Xania with Margarita yesterday, feeling quite comfortable in jeans and short-sleeved summer shirt over a thin T-shirt. Sitting in the sun outside the yacht club café sometime after 17:00 I was beginning to feel overheated.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:43 am

Clio wrote:...Far be it from me to murmur something about some people having better insulation than others...

Just as I would never suggest that all women have faulty internal thermostats in my experience. One of the fun things in life is sitting in the sun outside a café in shorts and a T-shirt watching Greek women clutching their fur coats to their throats.

Warwick

Clio

Postby Clio » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:01 am

Two of you, eh? There's obviously something about walking around Chania which causes British gents of a certain age to suffer from hot flushes. Hope you're taking the tablets.....

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:05 am

filippos wrote:...Sitting in the sun outside the yacht club café sometime after 17:00 I was beginning to feel overheated.

He does make it sound very posh doesn't he? The number of tablets I take, Clio, I would rattle if it weren't for the copious quantities of sound insulation.

Warwick

filippos

Postby filippos » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:10 pm

Kilkis wrote:
filippos wrote:...Sitting in the sun outside the yacht club café sometime after 17:00 I was beginning to feel overheated.
He does make it sound very posh doesn't he?
It only sounds posh to those who've never seen the Yacht Club. I'd have a small wager that you've been there yourself, Warwick, let alone seen it and it is a nice place to enjoy the sun.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:09 pm

If it's the one I think it is, at the very end of the old harbour next to where they had the old boats, then you would lose your wager. To paraphrase the words of Peter Sellers in "Balham, Gateway to the South", "Time has passed by this ancient quarter, so did I". I do agree that "posh" is not a word I would use.

Warwick

filippos

Postby filippos » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:48 pm

Glad I emphasised small wager (and avoided placing the bet).

Return to “General Discussion & News”