How to dispose of books?

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Cundalini

Re: How to dispose of books?

Postby Cundalini » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:43 pm

jane clayton wrote:We have four or five large 'Jumbo' bags full of books, written in English. The majority are fiction -classics, crime and travel but a few are big 'coffee table' hardbacks. Ideas please for disposal, second-hand shop in Hania has too many. Thanks.

Where is the second hand book shop in Chania please ? Which Lidl car park do you sell you books in Chania?
Cundalini wants his hand back!

jane clayton

Postby jane clayton » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:05 am

One of the LIC site gurus will give you directions to the second hand shops -I'm afraid I don't know the street names; the two I know best are both near Splanzia and the other is near the bus station as someone posted earlier in this thread.

We don't sell books in Lidl car parks -we just offered to meet you there to go through our books, as Lidl stores are easy to locate. For the time being we've opened a library in our garage and the cats love it!!

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:15 am

"ΤΟ ΚΕΛΕΠΟΥΡΙ" second hand shop, 26 Smirnis. From the top of Halidon walk up the right hand side of 1866 square. Cross Kydonia at the Smaria Hotel and keep going straight with the bus station on your right hand side. At the next junction turn right and walk along the back of the bus station. Go across the next junction and the shop is near the end of the next block on your right.

"Το παζάρι" second hand shop, Dakalogianni Street, I'm not sure of the number but it is on the right hand side as you walk down Dakalogianni just before the small square. From the front of the Cross Market, with the market on your left, walk north east towards the sea at the old beach area. Turn left after the large school onto Daskalogianni.

"Vintage Rose", Sifaka 79. Continue down Daskalogianni Street from "Το παζάρι" past the square to the next road on the right. Turn right and "Vintage Rose" is on the left at the end of the second block.

Warwick

jane clayton

Postby jane clayton » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:28 pm

Thanks Kilkis

Cundalini

Postby Cundalini » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:30 pm

Kilkis wrote:"ΤΟ ΚΕΛΕΠΟΥΡΙ" second hand shop, 26 Smirnis. From the top of Halidon walk up the right hand side of 1866 square. Cross Kydonia at the Smaria Hotel and keep going straight with the bus station on your right hand side. At the next junction turn right and walk along the back of the bus station. Go across the next junction and the shop is near the end of the next block on your right.

"Το παζάρι" second hand shop, Dakalogianni Street, I'm not sure of the number but it is on the right hand side as you walk down Dakalogianni just before the small square. From the front of the Cross Market, with the market on your left, walk north east towards the sea at the old beach area. Turn left after the large school onto Daskalogianni.

"Vintage Rose", Sifaka 79. Continue down Daskalogianni Street from "Το παζάρι" past the square to the next road on the right. Turn right and "Vintage Rose" is on the left at the end of the second block.

Warwick

Thanks for the info.
Cundalini wants his hand back!

Return to “General Discussion & News”