Bus times from Vrysses to Chora Sfakian

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
marion

Bus times from Vrysses to Chora Sfakian

Postby marion » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:55 pm

Hi,

I wondered if anyone could help with this. I have family staying who have arranged to go to Loutro for a couple of days. Rather than hiring a car we were looking at travelling by bus. It is not far for me to drop them off at Vyrsses rather than them having to go into Chania to get the bus. However having looked at the bus timetables it is quite difficult to find out what time the buses from either Chania or Rethymon that go to Sfakia actually reach Vyrsses. Just wondered if anyone on the forum had some information.

Many thanks Marion

Jean

Re: Bus times from Vrysses to Chora Sfakian

Postby Jean » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:00 pm

As far as I know there are no buses from Rethymnon to Hora Sfakion so you will be relying entirely on the buses coming from Chania. Check the time-table at https://rethymnon.com/TheBus-Bus-Servic ... ine=3&lg=2 and add around 45 minutes to the Chania departure time and that should give you an idea of the time at which the bus will be in Vrysses.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:00 pm

...but note that everyone in Greece who is catching a bus part way along its route gets there early because they never stick to timetables. I have seen passengers catching the bus from Thessaloniki to Athens half way down the route get there almost up to one hour early. I am not suggesting allowing that much leeway but don't push it to the last minute.

Warwick

Jean

Postby Jean » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:29 am

The bus from Chania will never take less that 35 or 40 minutes to get to Vrysses. Incidentally, as you say you live nearby, call the cafe-cum-bus stop at 2825051177. The guy who runs it is incredibly helpful and I think that he speaks English. He will be able to tell you exactly at what time to expect the bus

marion

Postby marion » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:59 am

Thank you Jean and Kilikis information much appreciated

Marion

Return to “General Discussion & News”