E1 tax submission - prove you're married??

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
GlennB

Re: E1 tax submission - prove you're married??

Postby GlennB » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:00 pm

And ... months later it's finally sorted. We are officially married and, what's more, taxisnet also has us as permanent residents here.

To our total amazement it was an email to the Ministry of Finance and the intervention of a nice lady there that swung it. She authorised the regional office to authorise our accountants to make the changes. A small catch is that there is no way on the planet for us to make an E1 submission for 2016, but they've estimated that it would be a very small amount and have waived it.

We also hope we're in the very final stages of legalising the house, so can revert to everyday niggles, like the flaking paint on the window frames, instead of these vast worries.

Phew!

Yin&Yang

Postby Yin&Yang » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:27 pm

Congratulations! Your sense of relief is palpable :)
Someday is now : )

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:13 pm

I'm surprised that it is impossible to make a submission for 2016. Towards the end of last year or early this year my accountant resubmitted all my declarations going back to 2011. I had finally received my IKA pension going back to the original application in June 2011 so I need to pay back tax on those years. I couldn't do it sooner because I did not have the certificates from IKA telling me what I had been paid in each year until mid-way through 2017 and then the tax office froze my account while it did a full audit. I've already paid for 2015 but I am still awaiting demands from the tax man for 2011 to 2014.

Warwick

GlennB

Postby GlennB » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:24 pm

Kilkis wrote:I'm surprised that it is impossible to make a submission for 2016. Towards the end of last year or early this year my accountant resubmitted all my declarations going back to 2011. I had finally received my IKA pension going back to the original application in June 2011 so I need to pay back tax on those years. I couldn't do it sooner because I did not have the certificates from IKA telling me what I had been paid in each year until mid-way through 2017 and then the tax office froze my account while it did a full audit. I've already paid for 2015 but I am still awaiting demands from the tax man for 2011 to 2014.

Warwick

Seems our 'marriage' and 'residence' are date-stamped as far as taxisnet is concerned. The E1s we submitted in previous years (where taxisnet didn't notice we were unmarried, or before our records were cocked-up to make us unmarried) are being viewed as voluntary donations. I really don't know, but the authorities are happy.

Anyway, it seems that any submission for 2016 would hit the same buffers as they did last year, when we were unmarried and non-resident ;)

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:01 pm

As long as they don't want money from you and they are happy about that, why worry?

Warwick

Return to “General Discussion & News”