Illegal grazing of Goats in olive trees.Advice please.

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Cundalini

Re: Illegal grazing of Goats in olive trees.Advice please.

Postby Cundalini » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:02 pm

TweetTweet wrote:πλεγμα (galivinised or other metal grid fencing does not need any permission. It's likely only structures that require foundations would require permission. Metal grid fencing is pretty good value, easy to install and very effective. You can have many options for entry/exit points. I use this system to keep my own 4 goats in their field.

I get the sense that all sorts of assumptions have been made with regard to the apparently couldn't care less attitudes from the local shepherds/goat herders. Maybe there is an agreement with the various *land-owners* wherein the work and added-value the goats provide is factorered in to the overal win/lose scenario. Typically a goat tether wouldn't been very long - they get tangled up - before you set the creatures free, do you recall how long their respective tethers were?

I second jeffstclair's attitude.

The tethers were very long indeed .We know the herder ,shepherd and his family.Due to their own stupidity they have sprayed their own olive groves so heavily with insecticides and pesticides that no grass will grow .So they having no grass for their own grazing look for some other land they can park their sheep and goats on illegally ,not caring what damage will be done to the bark or the olive crop .My partners olive oil is organic and has to be tested to be proved as such so she does not want any outside influences such as sheep and goat pee and poo . her land her choice!
Last edited by Cundalini on Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cundalini wants his hand back!

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:36 pm

So why ask for advise Cundalini? You obviously have no intention of listening to any of it. Try the police.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:50 pm

If you read "Games People Play" by Eric Berne, Carol, I think you will find that the one Cundalini is playing is called "Yes But". You pose a question. People try to suggest solutions. Every solution is met with a reason why that soluion is no good. Eventually everybody gives up and the player has won. The only way to defeat this one is for the first person who responds to say, "Sorry, there's no solution to that" and then for nobody else to reply. Then the player has lost because they failed to hook anybody into the game. Obviously not a solution now in this thread but worth considering for the future.

Warwick

filippos

Postby filippos » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:00 pm

There are some people I hope never to have the misfortune of meeting. There aren't many but the list has increased recently.

Cundalini

Postby Cundalini » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:30 pm

Kilkis wrote "If you read "Games People Play" by Eric Berne, Carol, I think you will find that the one Cundalini is playing is called "Yes But". You pose a question. People try to suggest solutions. Every solution is met with a reason why that solution is no good. Eventually everybody gives up and the player has won. The only way to defeat this one is for the first person who responds to say, "Sorry, there's no solution to that" and then for nobody else to reply. Then the player has lost because they failed to hook anybody into the game. Obviously not a solution now in this thread but worth considering for the future."

Carolina wrote " So why ask for advise Cundalini? You obviously have no intention of listening to any of it. Try the police."

Yes but some of the solutions and comments proffered are so ridicolous and pompous in their smartness and smugness they have to be seen to be believed!

Cundalini

Postby Cundalini » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:42 pm

filippos wrote:There are some people I hope never to have the misfortune of meeting. There aren't many but the list has increased recently.

May I quote you from one of your previous posts " You haven`t a clue about me" !

filippos

Postby filippos » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:04 am

You're making an assumption as the comment wasn't specific but, if the cap fits and all that ......
Secondly, more than a few posting give an indication of people's demeanour and attitude towards others and life in general.
I'll be making no further comment.

TweetTweet

Postby TweetTweet » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:02 am

I sympathies for your plight and agree these neighbours don’t give a duck for anything to do with nature.

To me it doesn’t make sense for you to be concerned about contaminated poo and wee from either the sheep or goats – the weed killed surroundings wouldn’t have provided any forage and generally speaking, goats are way too savvy. When visiting your field, they would have only eaten organic. However obviously and understandably, you don’t want them there in the first place.

I don’t know how many stremma you are talking about - but whether you are producing tons or kilos of organic oil, (for me) it would be an essential *cost* to secure my perimeters. It would make everyone’s life much sweeter don’t you think? I produce organic oil too but I don't need it specially tested - possibly you are producing and selling a great amount.

Just to say one of the good things to have emerged from the on-going financial nonsense is the decreased use of toxic substances and soil destroying N, P, K fertilizers. I personally know a few 30/40 year olds who are successfully replicating the way their grandparents grew a lot of food – even in tiny spaces. If you wanted to, you might have the opportunity to talk to the *crazy herders* and explain the importance organic production.

Return to “General Discussion & News”