Car tax for 2018

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Clio

Re: Car tax for 2018

Postby Clio » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:38 pm

Thanks Warwick, another job ticked off the list. Worked fine first time for me (Windows 10 and Chrome).

Kamisiana

Postby Kamisiana » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:41 pm

Worked OK for me details in clicked left hand instruction then middle instruction then print Windows 10 google chrome printed first time.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:23 pm

I tried using Edge and it opens the file automatically. I think I may have a problem with how Firefox Quantum is set up. I suspect it has changed some settings when it updated from Firefox to Firefox Quantum but I am not sure which ones. I will have to do some digging when I get time.

Warwick

Mixos

Postby Mixos » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:39 pm

I think it probably is a Firefox problem, Warwick, as it worked fine for me too using Chrome on Win10.

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:01 pm

Mixos wrote:I think it probably is a Firefox problem, Warwick, as it worked fine for me too using Chrome on Win10.

Worked OK for me too with Windows 10 and Firefox. Bob.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

filippos

Postby filippos » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:11 pm

I've had some real fun with this which ended up quite bizarrely.
With FF Quantum I printed out the form yesterday (Sat) with no problem then thought, "I'll pay this online now then I can't forget".

Go to Piraeus online banking Payments > Popular where this tax is top of the list (Why it's under 'Popular' I can't imagine)
Select a/c Account to use, Enter AFM and Registration
Click "Retrieve Payment Data......" and get Error "Can't match AFM and Plate number
Start again (I think the error was leaving a space between letters and numbers of the plate)
Get to "Retrieve Payment Data" again and get different Error message
"Τα τέλη έχουν ήδη πληρωθεί" Google Translation = "Fees have already been paid"
Close error Message
Enter payment details from earlier printed form and e-mail address
Click Payment button >
Payment confirmation page - check all details OK - click "Submit"
Error Message "X Your transaction has failed. Please check....." Check for third time - AOK.
I doubt it would help if stopped by police if I just overprinted the licence form with a screen grab of "Fees have already been paid " error message.

I'll try at the bank tomorrow.

P.S. The bank account doesn't show any payment made or reserved nor any pending payment.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:40 pm

bobscott wrote:...Worked OK for me too with Windows 10 and Firefox. Bob.

Is that the new Firefox Quantum Bob or the earlier version of Firefox?

I paid it using online banking when the new system first came out, Filippos. It then occurred to me that I have no proof of any sort that I have paid it. While I realise that, in theory, no proof is needed I am a suspicious sort of person so every year since then I have paid it in the bank. They attach a slip to one copy of the form showing that I have paid and I keep that in the car. Probably not necessary but, hey-ho, what harm can it do.

Warwick

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:41 pm

Kilkis wrote:
bobscott wrote:...Worked OK for me too with Windows 10 and Firefox. Bob.

Is that the new Firefox Quantum Bob or the earlier version of Firefox?

I THINK it was the old version! I have just had a go at loading up the quantum version, but when I was told to close Firefox (and did) everything of course disappeared, including the installation window! So maybe I am now using the quantum version, maybe not. Haven't discovered a way to find out yet! Bob.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:22 pm

Open Firefox, click on "Help" and then click on "About Firefox". That will either say Firefox or Firefox Quantum.

Warwick

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:04 pm

Kilkis wrote:Open Firefox, click on "Help" and then click on "About Firefox". That will either say Firefox or Firefox Quantum.

Warwick

Ta Warwick. Quantum it is now. Bob.

filippos

Postby filippos » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:15 pm

Kilkis wrote:I paid it using online banking when the new system first came out, Filippos. It then occurred to me that I have no proof of any sort that I have paid it.

What I've done in previous years is print out the Piraeus page that confirms the payment has been made and attach that to the Taxisnet form

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:30 pm

Alpha Bank allows me to print out the page showing that I have requested the payment but it is possible to then cancel the payment so it is not proof that it has been made. The only proof that it has actually been made is the ledger line entry on the account statement but my understanding is that the police and other government departments cannot accept bank statements as proof of anything. I could be wrong.

Warwick

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:01 am

Kilkis wrote:Alpha Bank allows me to print out the page showing that I have requested the payment but it is possible to then cancel the payment so it is not proof that it has been made. The only proof that it has actually been made is the ledger line entry on the account statement but my understanding is that the police and other government departments cannot accept bank statements as proof of anything. I could be wrong.

Warwick

............................ and in any case, a trip to the bank with some euros is always an enjoyable experience and you do get proof that you were there and that you paid the bill! Bob.

scooby

Postby scooby » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:01 pm

filippos wrote:
Kilkis wrote:I paid it using online banking when the new system first came out, Filippos. It then occurred to me that I have no proof of any sort that I have paid it.

What I've done in previous years is print out the Piraeus page that confirms the payment has been made and attach that to the Taxisnet form
Ditto, it's all electronic so the police can pick up if you have paid the tax from your number plate, either way I won't be standing in a bank or post office.
Men in suits will always make you pay.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:30 pm

I belong to the, "Trust in Allah - tether your camel" school of philosophy.

Warwick

Return to “General Discussion & News”