Official translation - English to Greek

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Kilkis

Re: Official translation - English to Greek

Postby Kilkis » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:56 pm

I've used Speedex quite a few times for document delivery inside Greece and found them pretty good if there is an office anywhere near you.

Warwick

GlennB

Postby GlennB » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:08 pm

Kilkis wrote:I've used Speedex quite a few times for document delivery inside Greece and found them pretty good if there is an office anywhere near you.

Warwick

Thank you, but regrettably the nearest seems to be way up in Tripoli. Yeniki Taxydromiki is slightly closer in Argos. The closer office is no longer operating. Groan.

But the nice guy in our local Shell station says that if I package everything up with instructions he'll see if one of the regular Yeniki couriers that drop off at Shell might be able to handle it.

Our great fear, of course, is that the damn thing goes awol and we have to start all over again, but this time with an application back in the UK for a replacement copy :shock:

GlennB

Postby GlennB » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:09 pm

Update - the couriers won't touch it, as there's an open-ended waiting time at the office on delivery and maybe also on collection.

In short, I'm pretty grumpy about the prospect of being 'on the road' for a 14 hour day, twice, to do it in person. But I'm in the S Peloponnese so I guess you good folks in Crete would be even grumpier about planes/boats and hotel stays? ;)

There has to be a way, but I'm damned if I can find it. You can get a friend to do it for you (with a police 'dilosi') but we don't know a soul in Athens these days.

Return to “General Discussion & News”