IKA Renewal Heads Up

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
YoMo2

Re: IKA Renewal Heads Up

Postby YoMo2 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:21 pm

Kilkis wrote:......Incidentally There is absolutely nothing inside the health book now to show that it is up-to-date........

At Agios Nikolaos, they write in the new expiry date with a biro............... !!!!!!!!

Andrew

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:11 pm

Nothing at all in Chania. I questioned it the first time it happened in January 2014 and they said I didn't need anything as everything was now done through the computer.

Warwick

GlennB

Postby GlennB » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:34 pm

Kilkis wrote:Nothing at all in Chania. I questioned it the first time it happened in January 2014 and they said I didn't need anything as everything was now done through the computer.

Warwick

Same here, 'over the way' in Arkadia. There's a website that allows you to check your IKA status by inputting your AFM and AMKA numbers, but whether any visit to a doctor or hospital has their system doing the same check I have no idea.

YoMo2

Postby YoMo2 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:56 am

Kilkis wrote:Nothing at all in Chania. I questioned it the first time it happened in January 2014 and they said I didn't need anything as everything was now done through the computer.

Warwick

Exactly right. I just think it's entertaining that our IKA office write it in in biro. Barely legible scrawl, I might add.....

Andrew

GlennB

Postby GlennB » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:11 pm

Looks like the memo didn't reach the IKA office in Tripoli, or I misunderstood the whole business and it's different for the retired using S1.

We took our books to our local KEP two weeks ago, armed with our dilosis and photocopies of everything, plus worries that we only have the buff residence permits, but the lady waved those aside. Today our renewed books came back (and, yes, I verified online that they are actually renewed).

Greece, eh?

Al

Postby Al » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:41 pm

Went to our local KEP (Kalives) and asked about this. No problem. Books, photocopy of passports taken on the spot, dilosi came ready filled in from her computer!!! Ten days later she called us and we collected our books. No problem.

Return to “General Discussion & News”