IKA INFO FOR THE BUILDERS

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
YoMo2

Re: IKA INFO FOR THE BUILDERS

Postby YoMo2 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:37 am

Kilkis wrote:......I agree with your comment about the requirement to make monthly payments, Andrew, but what if the builder does not declare that any work has been done that month? It is not uncommon in Greece for building work to go in fits and starts and I don't think IKA carry out very rigorous on-site checks. The police will often ask to see a building permit if they see building work being done but I don't believe they check on IKA payments.

That's why the homeowner needs to have a very firm grip on what is happening every month with IKA payments.

Every month that work is done, you need to see

1. the monthly submission showing how many days were worked by how many workers, and how much is due to be paid
2. the receipt for the corresponding payment next month

No work that month? No action required.

Andrew

mouche

Postby mouche » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:11 pm

YoMo2 wrote:
mouche wrote:........Building electricity is more expensive than domesti electricity but on the other hand you don't have to pay ENFIA.

Wrong. As Warwick states, they charge ENFIA based on your E9. You also get stuffed for council taxes you didn't pay while on builders' supply. It may all seem pretty amateur, but in the end, the taxman gets his due. Even more so now when it is all double checked when you sell or transfer a property.

Andrew

Since you claim I'm wrong and I only tell you what we had to pay, and not, I suggest you contact my lawyer and tell him he is wrong. I did NOT have to pay ENFIA untill the house was fully legalized with all IKA paid and domesticc electricity installed. I have paid ENFIA since then. All arranged and taken care of by my lawyer and accountant.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:07 pm

mouche wrote:...I did NOT have to pay ENFIA untill the house was fully legalized with all IKA paid and domesticc electricity installed...

Do you know when in that process the E9 was submitted? For example, if the E9 was submitted after "the house was fully legalized with all IKA paid and domestic electricity installed" then it could still have been the E9 that triggered payment of ENFIA. I'm not saying it was. I have no idea but it is a possibility?

Warwick

mouche

Postby mouche » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:34 pm

Kilkis wrote:
mouche wrote:...I did NOT have to pay ENFIA untill the house was fully legalized with all IKA paid and domesticc electricity installed...

Do you know when in that process the E9 was submitted?

No, I don't. The building of the house was a rather long prosess with building permit issued 2007 and the house only completed in 2012 with all documents including legalization etc only completed in 2013. I left all the work to my lawyer as was a rather complicated process all together. We bought the build in 2011 when it was still only a whole in the ground plus a concrete base. The developer stopped the building of the house due to the financial crisis (2008) and left it for three years and then offered a keyready house. For this reason the builders electricity had already passed the limit of four years which complicated matters even further, but all sorted out due to our lawyers good work (as far as I can judge).

YoMo2

Postby YoMo2 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:12 am

ENFIA did not come into effect until 2014, so if, as mouche tells us,his house was legalised and connected to "normal" electric in 2013, he would never have been liable for ENFIA on his "builders" supply.

So, it's a bit misleading to tell us that "you don't pay ENFIA" on builders supply. His experience on that particular point is not relevant.

Andrew

Yin&Yang

Postby Yin&Yang » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:35 pm

We have been paying ENFIA on builders's supply for the last two years.
Someday is now : )

YoMo2

Postby YoMo2 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:11 am

Yin&Yang wrote:We have been paying ENFIA on builders's supply for the last two years.

As pointed out earlier in the thread, there is no link between ENFIA and your electricity supply any more. It's calculated on the details of the property as declared in your E9 by your accountant.

If for some reason the details declared on the E9 are incorrect, as in sq metres too low, for example, you can be sure of a demand for underpaid tax when you sell or transfer the property. (Not saying you have underdeclared, just a theoretical discussion).

Same applies to council tax, as collected via your electricity bill.

Oh for the good old days when nobody paid for anything. So, I'm told.......

Andrew

Yin&Yang

Postby Yin&Yang » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:32 am

:lol:
Someday is now : )

mouche

Postby mouche » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:29 pm

According to email form our lawyer dated March 3rd 2014 we were advised that we would have to pay ENFIA, the requested amount, as from July 1. 2014. Untill then we were on building electricity and no ENFIA due, nor paid by us. We have paid ENFIA in 2015, 2016 and 2017 in full.
According to our neighbours they paid ENFIA via their electricitybill until same time, july 2014.

Again, I do expect to be told once again that I'm wrong, but then again, who cares.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:32 pm

To clarify:

1 When property tax was collected on the electricity bill it was NOT called ENFIA it was called EETA.
    2 The last EETA payment payment was in 2014 and was for the year 2013. My last payment was on 31/3/2014 but that will vary depending on people's billing date.
    3 EETA changed to ENFIA in 2014. I made 5 monthly payments from 29/8/2014 to 31/12/2014.
    4 As far as I am aware EETA was not collected if the property was still on temporary supply but I cannot confirm that. Mine was on a permanent supply long before EETA started.
    5 When EETA changed to ENFIA it was collected whatever the electricity supply. I think, but don't know for sure, that the difference was due to a change in the law. When property tax was collected as EETA it was NOT charged on buildings that were NOT complete. When EETA changed to ENFIA property tax was charged on incomplete property.

That agrees with Mouche's experience, i.e. ENFIA did not start until after he was on a permanent supply and he did NOT pay EETA when he was on a temporary supply. It also agrees with Yin&Yang's experience who are on temporary electricity now but still have to pay ENFIA.

Warwick

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:27 pm

As ever, the devil is in the detail. When they start calling the same thing (sort of) by a different name, then it does screw things up a bit! Well done Warwick. Bob.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

Return to “General Discussion & News”