IKA Renewal Online

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
tesshu

IKA Renewal Online

Postby tesshu » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:52 pm

Last year I was able to renew IKA via https://apps.ika.gr/eInsEligibility/ as outlined in http://www.thecic.eu/external/
This year resulted in "Δεν έχετε Ασφαλιστική Ικανότητα σε ισχύ"
Has anyone had success?

Yin&Yang

Re: IKA Renewal Online

Postby Yin&Yang » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:36 am

I always thought it was only Greek nationals who could renew their books on line. Perhaps it also covers other nationalities who have or do work amd have IKA as a result?
Someday is now : )

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:08 am

According to the CIC article linked by Tesshu, anybody working and contributing to IKA, Greek or foreign, should be able to do it online but not anybody getting IKA through an S1.

Warwick

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:17 pm

There is some talk on Greek online forums that some people are having problems checking their IKA renewal online. Suggest you go to KEP or IKA.

I have EFKA (self employed) which runs from Jan - Dec (not Mar - Feb, like IKA) and it is only just showing as a renewal online, a few days ago.. I was about to set off for the OAEE office to check it but it suddenly appeared online and saved me the trek.

tesshu

Postby tesshu » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:11 pm

I'll keep trying online since I won't be in Crete until April. It would seem that all last years vivliara are valid until 20-03-2018:
http://www.odigostoupoliti.eu/paratasi- ... on-ygeias/
Pity - it seemed that Greece had finally broken with its tromokrateia/bureucratia

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:14 pm

Carolina wrote:...I have EFKA (self employed) ...

I thought virtually everything came under EFKA now? Isn't EFKA more or less the final amalgamation of all the funds like IKA, OGA etc?

Warwick

YoMo2

Postby YoMo2 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:33 am

Kilkis wrote:
Carolina wrote:...I have EFKA (self employed) ...

I thought virtually everything came under EFKA now? Isn't EFKA more or less the final amalgamation of all the funds like IKA, OGA etc?

Warwick

My understanding too. Doesn't the initial E stand for enniaio?

Andrew

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:32 am

Ενιαίος Φορέας Κοινωνικής Ασφάλισης which roughly translates as Single Social Security Agency. I don't think it quite incorporates everything but I am not sure. I think OTE and the banks still have their own schemes and possibly the Engineering Institute. It does incorporate all the big ones like IKA, OGA and TEVE but initially in early 2017 they were still operating their own offices. I am not sure when the integration will be complete but since the health part of these schemes was integrated much earlier under ΕΟΠΥΥ I would have thought that health procedures might have been aligned by now? I suppose I should know better.

Warwick

Houmeri91

Postby Houmeri91 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:36 am

EFKA?
I am looking to move over in October and being 52 years young I will be looking at doing some work , very open minded and flexible on what . I am of course looking at health care etc .I know with my language skills or lack of at this time employment with IKA so thinking about self employment to top up our UK income . How does EFKA work what are the costs like ? We were considering private health care but is EFKA a better option ? I am a toy boy as well so my wife is not looking to work , does EFKA cover us both ?

Thank you in advance for any wisdom .

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:53 am

If you go to this web page and click on Greece it will download the latest information as a pdf. Pages 37 and 74 have the information you require.

Warwick

Houmeri91

Postby Houmeri91 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:39 pm

Thanks Warwick looked at that and then did some other research and confirmed one thing . Greece are trying to repay their whole national debt by taxing the self employed and low income !!! Don't mind doing my bit for the cause when I live there but wasn't looking to live to work so may not hit lower earning limit ( which would negate the reason to put my hat in the self employed ring ) just looking at casual to fit into our new life style and contribute to the govermernt health and pension insurance system . 22% tax from the first euro and then when contributions kicking in brings it up to nearly 50% which seems punitive for part time work , perhaps the less taxing UK sytem has made me soft .

I think I might need to go back to Plan A and just fund private medical insurance .

As ever grateful for the assistance .Roll on September .

Yin&Yang

Postby Yin&Yang » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:12 pm

INCORRECT INFORMATION: You can search S1 forms on this forum. It is worth contacting the DW&P to ask for a form to obtain reciprocal health care, albeit for only up to two years (perhaps subject to change).

See thread below.
Last edited by Yin&Yang on Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:51 pm

I think that the UK stopped issuing S1s under what used to be E106 and E109 rules some years ago now, Yin&Yang. Now you can only get an S1 Form if you are a UK State Pensioner, i.e. what used to be E121.

Warwick

Yin&Yang

Postby Yin&Yang » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:02 am

Oh, I missed that one, sorry to misinform :oops:

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:27 am

Purely for clarification the following paragraphs are copied from the NHS Web page on Moving Abroad:

You can no longer apply for a residual S1 (formerly residual E106), which previously provided temporary healthcare to early retirees moving to other EEA countries.
    If you move to an EEA country or Switzerland long term or plan to work in another EEA country, you will need to register with the appropriate authorities. Once you are registered to work in the country and make National Insurance contributions, you will be entitled to state-provided healthcare on the same basis as a national of that country.
    If you are living in an EEA country or Switzerland and you receive an exportable UK pension, contribution-based Employment Support Allowance or another exportable benefit, you may be entitled to state healthcare paid for by the UK. You will need to apply for a certificate of entitlement known as an S1 form.

The first paragraph relating to Form E106 is self explanatory, i.e. it no longer applies. In the past people moving abroad to work could also get UK paid for healthcare for a period of time, under Form E109, until contributory healthcare in that country started, Although the second paragraph doesn't explicitly mention E109 it effectively means that it is no longer applicable. Nannies and au-pairs can use an EHIC for up to 1 year if working in an EEA country plus Switzerland. Armed forces personnel and their families can use an EHIC while they are stationed in an EEA country plus Switzerland. Nowhere does it permit the use of an EHIC card for anybody else living abroad. Paragraph three is the old Form E121 and is still applicable.

Warwick

Return to “General Discussion & News”