Where are the cats?

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
BST

Where are the cats?

Postby BST » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:27 pm

Hope it's just a coincidence but around 12 of the bin cats in Xirosterni seem to have disappeared in the last few days. Having driven through everyday since Friday, I've only seen a couple each day. There has been food put out on the wall by the bins but no sign of the usual throng of hungry felines.It coincides with the arrival of guests in the summer rental properties. I've got a horrible feeling they've been poisoned.....I hope I'm wrong!

DobbyTheHouseElf

Re: Where are the cats?

Postby DobbyTheHouseElf » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:01 pm

A new Chinese resturant has opened nearby? :D

altohb

Postby altohb » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:50 am

BST wrote:Hope it's just a coincidence but around 12 of the bin cats in Xirosterni seem to have disappeared in the last few days. Having driven through everyday since Friday, I've only seen a couple each day. There has been food put out on the wall by the bins but no sign of the usual throng of hungry felines.It coincides with the arrival of guests in the summer rental properties. I've got a horrible feeling they've been poisoned.....I hope I'm wrong!

I hope you are wrong as well, but fear you are right. Two of the street dogs in Sitia were poisoned yesterday - the last I heard they were at the vet, so hope they made it through the night. This is an annual nightmare for people who care about the stray animals.

john4d

Postby john4d » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:33 pm

I thought the Taverna owners bred new kittens every year for the start of the tourist season. Ahh look at that kitten, isn't it cute.
There's no such thing as a bad taste joke

Return to “General Discussion & News”