Parcelforce to Crete

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Arianrhod

Parcelforce to Crete

Postby Arianrhod » Sun May 20, 2018 4:54 pm

Hi there, I've just sent two parcels from here in the UK to my mother in Crete (Limnes) and she's asking me who Parcelforce are using as their delivery agent in Crete so she can chase them for delivery. Parcelforce have been less than forthcoming, does anyone know please?

Kilkis

Re: Parcelforce to Crete

Postby Kilkis » Sun May 20, 2018 6:03 pm

It depends how they are sent. If they are sent "Tracked" then Parcelforce usually hands them over to SCS, a European courier service, and from SCS to ACS in Greece, a local Greek courier service. If you put the Parcelforce tracking number into the SCS web site it should give you an SCS tracking number. Once you see that the parcel has arrived in Athens you should be able to get an ACS number and entering that on the ACS web site should allow you to see where it is. If it is not tracked then it will probably be delivered by ELTA to your local post office. That's my experience but, of course, companies do change with whom they do with business so it may have changed.

Warwick

Arianrhod

Postby Arianrhod » Sun May 20, 2018 10:04 pm

Thanks so much for this, that's really helpful. They were sent "Priority International" service, which is tracked, so I'll try putting my tracking number into the SCS website. The parcels are already in Athens, the Parcelforce tracking website indicates that, but they've been there since very late Fri night with no further update, I'm assuming because they don't work Sat and Sun so haven't been progressed further.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 pm

If the label has your Greek mobile number on it the ACS office that services your area should contact you to arrange delivery or pick up.

Warwick

STEVE.W

Postby STEVE.W » Mon May 21, 2018 6:31 am

In our experience, parcels sent using Parcelforce arrive in Athens normally within 48-72 Hours, after that, quite often it can take around 10 days to get from Athens sent by priority or not. Never lost one yet (touch wood) but it does take time for some reason on the Athens to Crete leg.
Expat TV Services & Setup - PM for details

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Mon May 21, 2018 8:27 am

I've had exactly the opposite experience. It has taken several days, usually well over a week, for SCS to get the package across Europe to Athens, with very few updates on their tracking site, and then two days to get from Athens to me, unless it arrives in Athens just before a weekend.

Warwick

PS It is worth noting that businesses do change which other businesses they use to provide them with services, in order to get a better deal, so there is no guarantee that Parcelforce are still using SCS.

Arianrhod

Postby Arianrhod » Mon May 21, 2018 11:47 am

I'm hoping we get a combination of your two experiences ... it only took 48 hours to get from where I dropped it off to Athens, but I really need the parcels to be with my mother by Thursday this week. They've been sat at "ATHENS AMU (EPG)" since Friday mid-afternoon with no change, but I'm presuming this is because nothing happens over the weekend. Crossing fingers!!

Arianrhod

Postby Arianrhod » Mon May 21, 2018 12:07 pm

Hmm Looking up the code ATHENS AMU (EPG) via Google indicates that it's actually being handled by ELTA rather than ACS. (IMPC code: GRATHC) is showing on the tracking details, and looking that up in turn on a site showing all IMPC codes shows this:

GRATHC ATHENS EPG HellenicPost ATHENS EPG / AIR MAIL UNIT HELLENIC POST (ELTA)

And from there, I tracked down the ELTA tracking page, which shows they're at Irakleio sorting centre now, so crossing fingers even more they might get there on time!

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Mon May 21, 2018 1:09 pm

All mail to Crete via ELTA now arrives in Heraklion first for further distribution. There used to be direct shipment from Athens to Chania but that stopped some time ago. Typically going via Heraklion adds 1 day compared to when it used to go directly to Chania. I think that is because it goes from Heraklion to a Chania centre and then from there to the local post office rather than directly to the local post office from Heraklion. I am not certain about this.

Warwick

evansmr1

Postby evansmr1 » Mon May 21, 2018 4:37 pm

Firstly always include your telephone number to the last line in your address.
Parcel Force hand the paarcels to ELTA. Go to the new ELTA Courier Office in Agios Nikolas.
The best directions I can give are, when arriving outside of Agios Nikolas at the traffic lights, turn right. Follow this road and take the Slip road to Agios. Pass over the first Roundabout, approx 3/4 Kilometer on the right is their new new Office. It is opposite the Sorting Office across the road on the left. Look for A&B Suppermarket on your left, the Coureer office is opposite.
Mike
=============
Sic parvis magnaike

Arianrhod

Postby Arianrhod » Mon May 21, 2018 4:44 pm

Thanks for this! Yes, my mother warned me about making sure her telephone number was on the parcels, so not only is it on the posting label, but it's written in big black letters in two other places on each parcel!

Thanks for the directions, I've passed them on.

Return to “General Discussion & News”