How to attach photographs?

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
alansmithnl

How to attach photographs?

Postby alansmithnl » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:50 pm

I looked through tthe forum, but I still don't know how to attach a photograph or photographs. Any guidance would be appreciated.
Alan

Yin&Yang

Re: How to attach photographs?

Postby Yin&Yang » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:28 pm

Hiya, underneath the text box you type in there is a section saying Options and Attachments. Press on attachments and then Add Files. Hope that helps.
Someday is now : )

filippos

Postby filippos » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:56 pm

First you need to host the photo somewhere like flickr or photobucket or any of many alternatives or on your own domain if you have one.
Upload your photo there.
Copy the complete url of the photo, paste it into your post,
Highlight the url and click the Img button (above the text box)
Preview your post to make sure it works and if so
Submit
The photo will appear as if by magic when anyone reads the thread

It's best to keep the photo fairly small, maybe no more than about 500px wide, otherwise the picture could take up a lot of screen width which tends to irritates anyone who has two windows open simultaneously.
It's also advisable to keep the resolution down to 72dpi (plenty for on screen viewing) so the photo is quick to load.
The sample pic above is 506px w x 639px h at 72dpi
To see it "as done" click the quote button at top right of this post.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:21 am

That doesn't work for me with Flickr. I just get the word "Image" not the actual image. I have a feeling you have to do it a different way with Flickr. I have done it before a long time ago but I can't remember how. Possibly copying the html code and pasting that into the post? I have a feeling there used to be a command something like "Copy code" but I can't find it. For example this is an image of Greek dancing:

Again you can see what I actually posted by clicking on the quotes button at the top of the post. You can see the actual image here.

Warwick

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:02 am

On 3rd October 2013 or thereabouts there was an explanation on this forum of how to upload pictures to lic forum using Flikr. I made a note of it and here it is. Hope it still makes sense!

To use this on LIC, upload a picture (into Flikr) then click on it, click on 'share' and then grab (i.e. copy) the BB whatsit code (shown in a box) then just paste it into your comment on LIC forum.

It is important to get the html/BBCode and not the other option presented.

Bob.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:52 am

Thanks for that Bob. I had forgotten that you need to use "Share" to find the code. It works if you embed the whole code copied from the box. I also discovered that if you inspect the code there is a section in the middle that starts https:// and ends .jpg. That is the true url of the image itself. If you copy just that part and embed it in the Img control mentioned by Fillipos it works.

Warwick

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:25 pm

Testing
spring.jpg
spring.jpg (218.92 KiB) Viewed 663 times

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:33 pm

Yin&Yang wrote:Hiya, underneath the text box you type in there is a section saying Options and Attachments. Press on attachments and then Add Files. Hope that helps.

Thank you Yin & Yang I never knew that worked! It uploads a file or picture from your computer. After you ' Add File ' (as above) click on the box next to the uploaded file name 'Place Inline' and the picture should then show up in your post when you preview or submit.

The other option, mentioned previously above by Bob, should also work.

Return to “General Discussion & News”