resident permit - cream or blue

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
bobscott

Re: resident permit - cream or blue

Postby bobscott » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:28 pm

Re your last comments Warwick; as a retired civil servant it pains me to say that the current Home Office organization is patently unfit for purpose and should have a swift and effective overhaul. Sadly, like many other things (e.g. votes for life) it is not likely to happen until some kind of sense is made of the current BREXIT situation which is occupying the time of parliament and the various ministries. Meanwhile, children are separated from parents, deported etc on very obviously mistaken judgements or applilcations of the 'rules'. Never mind though, it's only people we are dealing with, not money, egos or property!!! Bob.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:51 pm

It's not confined to the Home Office, Bob, I'm afraid. PIP is operating in a similar way. I have no way to prove it but, on the basis of stories I have heard, PIP assessors have "NOT" been set targets in exactly the same way that the immigration service were "NOT" set targets. People are denied support who clearly need it. I think the most extreme case I heard of was a person who was declared fit to work and had their benefit removed. They died of stage 4 cancer two weeks later.

I know personally someone who has had multiple brain tumours removed and suffers from serious epilepsy. He would be a danger to himself and any colleagues in a work environment. He had his benefit removed at a PIP assessment which meant that his only means of support was his 83 year old mother's basic state pension. She is his sole carer. To appeal he had to get letters from multiple doctors, none of whom really wanted to write them since they are snowed under treating patients. As far as I can see the PIP assessors are not qualified to make assessments but just go through a box ticking exercise designed to get as may people off invalidity benefit as possible. The government is attacking the weakest in society.

Warwick

filippos

Postby filippos » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:57 pm

Kilkis wrote:...................The government is attacking the weakest in society.
Isn't that almost always the case? Attack the strong and they might lose or am I just too cynical?

toastie

Postby toastie » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:06 pm

not cynical at all. realist possibly.

sounds like the government are like insurance companies. want your premiums but willl find any excuse and even prepared to lie just to not pay anything out

Return to “General Discussion & News”