Coolair

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Tim

Coolair

Postby Tim » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:37 pm

Hi
Anybody come across this cooling device before? Have to say it sounds too good to be true and I can't find any independent reviews. It seems to be a Greek product - might be worth purchasing one if they're any good.

Tim

https://handytechgadgets.com/drone/be-c ... ester+News

Frank in Crete

Re: Coolair

Postby Frank in Crete » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:16 pm

These are advertised on UK TV at the moment with a claim that they drop the air temp by up to 6% ... wow ! (sarcastic wow ) think they might need to be a bit stronger here to make any difference.

frankmand

Postby frankmand » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Yes, it's too good to be true. It's not Greek. If you wander round the internet, you'll see the same advert from whichever country you're looking at. You'd be just as well-off putting a bowl of water in front of a fan, and sitting in the line of airflow.

mouche

Postby mouche » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:51 pm

If something is too good to be true, is it then true?

Tim

Postby Tim » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:59 pm

mouche wrote:If something is too good to be true, is it then true?

Not in this case by the look of it. Thank you gents for your replies - looks like I'll have to stick to the cold Mythos strategy.

Tim

Clio

Postby Clio » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:25 pm

looks like I'll have to stick to the cold Mythos strategy.

That the one where you put the bowl of Mythos in front of a fan?

GlennB

Postby GlennB » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:49 pm

That particular product is being targeted at us wherever our internet setup fails to block ads. Kind of annoying that it's being trumpeted as a tech breakthrough, as those things have been around for a long time.

We already had an 'evaporative cooler' for a small bedroom and it's OK. The other day it dropped the temperature from 32 to 27 in an hour or two, and the cost it that of running a very small fan.

They have a pad that continually soaks up the water, so it's a lot better than just the bowl of water trick. More like a wet t-shirt that's being dampened regularly, which is exactly what I'm doing right now out on the balcony ;)

And those coolers are less effective as the humidity rises, as evaporation then becomes more difficult.

Return to “General Discussion & News”