DEYAAN account number

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
LittleJohn

DEYAAN account number

Postby LittleJohn » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:34 pm

Hi, silly question but its driving me insane! I am trying to pay my water bill online through the National Bank of Greece. I know I can pay it online, so no problem there. It is asking me for the "payment code to the bank" which I assume is the account number so that it can be credited to the right bill. Every number I try it says it is wrong! Please can anyone advise me where I find this number before insanity sets in permanently?

Kilkis

Re: DEYAAN account number

Postby Kilkis » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:29 pm

No, it's not the account number. Somewhere on the bill should be a box labelled ΚΩΔΙΚΟΣ ΠΛΗΡΩΜΗΣ ΣΕ ΤΡΑΠΕΖΑ. That is the number to use. It might be slightly different but it should contain the words ΚΩΔΙΚΟΣ and ΠΛΗΡΩΜΗΣ. For example the ΔΕΗ bills have ΚΩΔΙΚΟΣ ΕΛΕΚΤΡΟΝΙΚΗΣ ΠΛΗΡΩΜΗΣ and COSMOTE just has ΚΩΔΙΚΟΣ ΠΛΗΡΩΜΗΣ. I'm not sure what ΔΕΥΑΑΝ uses.

Warwick

LittleJohn

Postby LittleJohn » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:06 pm

Thanks, Warwick. That was the number I thought it was but NBG keep insisting its wrong! Have tried every number that looks likely on the bill with same results. I asked Greek friends who told me its not possible to pay online and to go to the post office but I know I've done it before and it quite clearly states on the bill that it is possible plus its a long way to the PO! Saying that none of them seemed to know which number was the right one :D

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:13 pm

LittleJohn wrote:Thanks, Warwick. That was the number I thought it was but NBG keep insisting its wrong! Have tried every number that looks likely on the bill with same results. I asked Greek friends who told me its not possible to pay online and to go to the post office but I know I've done it before and it quite clearly states on the bill that it is possible plus its a long way to the PO! Saying that none of them seemed to know which number was the right one :D

If you have already paid once on line, is there not a record in your 'payments' bit on the bank website which will have recorded that and have the number ready? Alpha bank does that and it's sometimes a Godsend! Bob
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

filippos

Postby filippos » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:03 pm

Sometimes the number on the bill will have a hyphen, frequently before the final digit. Like you I was tearing my hair until a Greek friend said, "Just leave out the dash". It worked.

Jean

Postby Jean » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:15 pm

If the bank doesn't accept the payment code have you considered the possibility that you are trying to pay the wrong water authority? The list in the bank payment page is pretty long (and if you are using the English page the translations of some of these water authorities can be confusing so maybe look up the Greek section)

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:50 pm

Both very good points by Filippos and Jean. The payment code on the income tax demand and the ENFIA demand both have two spaces in them but you have to delete those before entering it. My Cosmote bill used to have a dash before the last digit but you needed to remove it. Now it is a single number. The format is important. I think there are over 100 DEYA companies listed on the payment section for water and many have similar names.

I think that previous payments are only saved if you tell it to do so, Bob. Also on my water bill the payment code changes with every bill, unlike ΔΕΗ and COSMOTE that stay the same so a previous number may not help.

Warwick

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:01 pm

Kilkis wrote:
I think that previous payments are only saved if you tell it to do so, Bob. Also on my water bill the payment code changes with every bill, unlike ΔΕΗ and COSMOTE that stay the same so a previous number may not help.

Warwick

With things like that (utility bills on-line) I probably did tell the bank to keep a note. With my frequently addled brain it would have seemed like a good idea at the time!. As to water bills, never had that problem because Apokoronas only accept cash payments, in person at either Vrysses or Vamos. Bob.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

scooby

Postby scooby » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:15 pm

With Piraeus bank I just find the last payment which takes approx 10 seconds, press recreate and put in the new payment code and the amount if different , job done, and as Warwick says with electric and Telephone I do the same process but just change the amount.
Men in suits will always make you pay.

filippos

Postby filippos » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:18 pm

bobscott wrote:............... Apokoronas only accept cash payments, in person at either Vrysses or Vamos. Bob.
And Kalyves.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:50 pm

scooby wrote:With Piraeus bank I just find the last payment...

Each bank tends to operate in its own unique way while still providing the same basic services. When you make an online payment with Alpha Bank it asks if you want to save it. If you say yes then it is available for future use as one of your saved payments. If you don't then it isn't. I don't think there is any way to call up a previous payment and recreate it unless you have saved it. I could be wrong. I have no idea how NBG operates. I stopped using them over 15 years ago and closed my account about 12 years ago. They were the second worst bank I had ever dealt with after Barclays.

Warwick

LittleJohn

Postby LittleJohn » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:13 pm

Thanks everyone for your help. Usually all my utility bills are saved online with NBG but some reason the water ones gone astray! Will try with out the hyphens, full stops and anything else I can miss out, failing that looks like a trek to Agios Nikolaos to the office. Again many thanks for your suggestions.

Return to “General Discussion & News”