Car hire deals for repeat trips

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
chrissyg

Car hire deals for repeat trips

Postby chrissyg » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:48 pm

Anyone got any experience dealing with Kappa carhire? It gets good reviews and we are after a good deal as we come to Crete at least twice a year. Avis and Hertz are reliable but expensive and not open to deals or loyalty discounts. We are talking about 2 - 4 week rentals from Chania airport.

moggieman

Re: Car hire deals for repeat trips

Postby moggieman » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:44 pm

Try www.creterentals.gr Good cars, good prices and once he knows you very good prices

chrissyg

Postby chrissyg » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:09 pm

Thanks, will look into that.

Graeme

Postby Graeme » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:31 pm

http://www.athenscars-crete.gr/car-hire/

Thoroughly recommend them, now looks after my daughter on her trips, even arranged insurance cover despite her only being 23 yrs.
We always paid cash on arriving Heraklion, gave loyalty discounts for regular visitors.
Good luck, wish it was me going.

filippos

Postby filippos » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:13 am

I've always rented from Kostas who owns Auto Club Crete (offices in Kalyves and Almyrida). Up to date vehicles, clean and sound and good prices. I've always found them cheaper than local alternatives, sometimes significantly so. Efficient service. When we had a holiday apartment here I used to rent quite frequently but have done so very rarely for the last few years apart from an occasional visitor. That said, he still did a good deal for me a couple of years ago while we awaited delivery of a new car. For eight weeks off season, for a small car I paid €9.00 per day, including insurance and 24hrs breakdown service (latter not needed). On return I pointed out a small dent I'd caused in a door sill. Kostas shrugged and walked away.

info@autoclub-rentals.gr
http://www.autoclub-rentals.gr/
+30 28250 32382
+30 6974 774 201 (Kostas' mobile)

I'd call him on the mobile and if you think it may help I don't mind if you tell him Filippos in Kalyves recommended him (will help keep me on his radar, too)

hairybloke

Postby hairybloke » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:33 pm

To answer the original question, I arranged a hire car for my partner's son from Kappa last year. Chose Kappa because - as you say - they got good reviews. Also, having factored in what they charged for a second driver (nothing) and for full insurance, they actually worked out cheaper than the others I'd looked at. Partner's son said the handover was quick and efficient, and he is using them again this year.

chrissyg

Postby chrissyg » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:52 pm

Thanks to all, i will make a note of all. Re fillipos, do they bring you the car to the airport( chania) and can we dtop off there?

filippos

Postby filippos » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:42 pm

chrissyg wrote:Thanks to all, i will make a note of all. Re fillipos, do they bring you the car to the airport( chania) and can we dtop off there?

Yes and Yes.

chrissyg

Postby chrissyg » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:32 pm

Thanks, do they allow cats? LOL

filippos

Postby filippos » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:58 am

Probably.......... provided you have a secure cage and don't try to feed it en route. ;-)

Return to “General Discussion & News”