Documents required for Canadian to apply for residency permit?

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Frances

Documents required for Canadian to apply for residency permit?

Postby Frances » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:14 pm

My husband and I are non-EU citizens, (Canadians) and we’ve received our long-stay National Visas from the Greek consulate in Vancouver to enter Greece in September (good for 6 months). We know we have to apply as soon as possible for our residence and work permits. My husband has a job lined up already. He handed in the necessary certificates from his employer to the consulate when we applied for the visas. I’m pretty much assuming I will not qualify for a work permit myself.

The question we have before we get to Crete is, are there documents from Canada that are required by the local Greek authorities on Crete when we apply for our residence (and his work) permits that we should get authenticated (“apostilled”) before we leave Canada? What do we need to make sure we have on hand when we get to Crete?
I’ve read a lot of posts that relate to EU citizens, but am having a harder time finding solid information on our situation.

Any help would be gratefully received!

Kilkis

Re: Documents required for Canadian to apply for residency permit?

Postby Kilkis » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:28 pm

If I were you I would ask the Greek Embassy/Consulate exactly what documentation you need and what procedure to follow. There are some Canadian members of the forum and they might reply but information from the Embassy/Consulate is likely to be more definitive and authoritative. Everybody's situation is individual to them and a reply of, "We did X, Y and Z" might not be appropriate for your own situation.

Warwick

Return to “General Discussion & News”