When are small fires allowed again?

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
BarryFromWatford

When are small fires allowed again?

Postby BarryFromWatford » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:00 pm

I have been burning a small fire on the beach for the last few nights.Have I been acting illegally?I wouldnt want to get fined!Every time another car has come down the road to the beach I have doused the fire in petrol and put sand over it quickly in case it is the police or some busy body who wants to report it! When do fires become legal?

filippos

Re: When are small fires allowed again?

Postby filippos » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:09 pm

BarryFromWatford wrote:I have been burning a small fire on the beach ......... When do fires become legal?
Not sure either way about fires on the beach being legal at anytime. Other fires, I thing are illegal until end of October (or may have been end Sept).

BarryFromWatford

Postby BarryFromWatford » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:16 pm

filippos wrote:
BarryFromWatford wrote:I have been burning a small fire on the beach ......... When do fires become legal?
Not sure either way about fires on the beach being legal at anytime. Other fires, I thing are illegal until end of October (or may have been end Sept).

Not quite on the beach old boy but more above the shoreline and in the beach car park!

Kathleen

Postby Kathleen » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:06 pm

Burning of garden and field rubbish is legal between1st November and 31st May, according our local fire brigade.

Kathleen

BST

Postby BST » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:54 pm

I believe that legal fires are permitted between November 1st and April 30th. However, due to the very dry winters, the time was shortened to the day after Easter Monday this year in Apokoronas. Not sure if it was the whole of Chania region?

altohb

Postby altohb » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:31 pm

It varies from region to region, and you should check with the local fire brigade. Round here (Sitia) fires are normally banned from the end of April until the end of October. However, this year we had to stop burning mid April because of the lack of rain, and I will be checking before we start burning again!

TweetTweet

Postby TweetTweet » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:04 pm

Friend Barry from Whatford - use your *nous* *ie innate intelligence* e.g. if it's been too dry, then hold off burning, until it is more safe.

:D

filippos

Postby filippos » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:58 pm

BarryFromWatford wrote:
filippos wrote:

Not quite on the beach old boy but more above the shoreline and in the beach car park!

It was you, old boy, that specified the beach location. I'm reasonably bright but mind reader I am not old chap, so I failed to divine where you were actually playing with fire, dousing it with petrol then chucking sand on it. Whatever, I'm pretty sure that you're unlikely to be popular burning your rubbish in the car park, beach or otherwise.

Jeffstclair

Postby Jeffstclair » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:06 pm

Yeah ,whatever the law says ...I would not light any fires until we have had a good wet week or two ... it's so dry around here. I'm very careful with outdoor burning I like to have a few canisters of water on hand and a bucket ...I have seen fires get out of hand sooooo quickly ...Take care ...

BarryFromWatford

Postby BarryFromWatford » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:50 pm

Not quite on the beach old boy but more above the shoreline and in the beach car park![/quote]
It was you, old boy, that specified the beach location. I'm reasonably bright but mind reader I am not old chap, so I failed to divine where you were actually playing with fire, dousing it with petrol then chucking sand on it. Whatever, I'm pretty sure that you're unlikely to be popular burning your rubbish in the car park, beach or otherwise.[/quote]
I was waiting for someone spot the petrol bit old boy!Took you or anyone else a long time eh? :roll: :roll:1. I am not burning rubbish but wood .2 .There are no other people around ,the place is empty!

TweetTweet

Postby TweetTweet » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:43 pm

I was waiting for someone spot the petrol bit old boy!Took you or anyone else a long time eh? :roll: :roll:1. I am not burning rubbish but wood .2 .There are no other people around ,the place is empty![quote][/quote]

What you write above is silly, you have ASS-U and ME(d) that many people didn't pick up on you *burning petrol*. For me your comment = ed *this person is *compromised* in some way.

Maybe you could contact (user name dobbiethehouself) a short while ago he was looking for someone to help with this year's olive harvest.

BarryFromWatford

Postby BarryFromWatford » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:09 pm

TweetTweet wrote:I was waiting for someone spot the petrol bit old boy!Took you or anyone else a long time eh? :roll: :roll:1. I am not burning rubbish but wood .2 .There are no other people around ,the place is empty!

What you write above is silly, you have ASS-U and ME(d) that many people didn't pick up on you *burning petrol*. For me your comment = ed *this person is *compromised* in some way.

Maybe you could contact (user name dobbiethehouself) a short while ago he was looking for someone to help with this year's olive harvest.

Sorry who is dobbiethehouself?what has he or she got to do with it?

BarryFromWatford

Postby BarryFromWatford » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:11 pm

[quote="TweetTweet"]Friend Barry from Whatford - use your *nous* *ie innate intelligence* e.g. if it's been too dry, then hold off burning, until it is more safe.

I would like to see things from your veiw point old boy but I am sorry I cannot get my head that far up my own A**se!
Last edited by BarryFromWatford on Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “General Discussion & News”