Property Register declaration

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
bobscott

Re: Property Register declaration

Postby bobscott » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:23 pm

Kilkis wrote:Any of you property experts have any idea what happens when your land boundary gets changed through act of god?

Two houses in the next village to me were recently legalised in order for one of them to be sold. As part of the process new topographies were drawn up and it was verified that the build areas were appropriate for the size of the plots. They are in a zone where a 200 sqm house, or two 100 sqm houses can be built on a 2,000 sqm plot. The 2,000 sqm plot has been legally divided in order for the sale to be completed. In the latest storms the river at the end of the gardens has diverted and taken away approximately half of each plot so the build area is no longer appropriate for the size of the new plots. It isn't a question of the river flooding into the gardens so that it will eventually abate and the plots will return to their normal size. Half of each plot is gone and the river now has a new course.

What happens now?

Warwick

A prayer meeting???? Bob.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

GlennB

Postby GlennB » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:27 pm

evansmr1 wrote:
And now I've gone to pay the fees online, but the payment code is 6 groups of 4 numbers, unlike other payments I make. Anybody have a clue which authority I'm supposed to pay? The Ktimatologio is not in the list.

Tax and then scroll down for the Cadastre

NBG seems to have just one category, "Assessed Tax Debts (Property Tax, Income Tax for Individuals etc)" which requires 3 fields to be completed.

But cheers anyway. I did it in the p.o. and it wasn't too painful ;)

GlennB

Postby GlennB » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:32 pm

Meanwhile, during our happy 4 hours in the office, we overheard at least two Greeks claiming that their original contracts were destroyed in house fires. Translation: there never was a contract.

YoMo2

Postby YoMo2 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:13 am

Kilkis wrote:..... In the latest storms the river at the end of the gardens has diverted and taken away approximately half of each plot so the build area is no longer appropriate for the size of the new plots. It isn't a question of the river flooding into the gardens so that it will eventually abate and the plots will return to their normal size. Half of each plot is gone and the river now has a new course.

Warwick

Interesting. Slightly surprised they were able to legalise. I didn't think a building licence could be granted on a plot so close to a watercourse?

Andrew

davidnc

Postby davidnc » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:34 am

Nightmare about the river !

For the Ktima payment, I physically went into the bank and the young lady did the transaction from my account according to the 20 digit code (5 blocks of 4 digits). She had done the same payment for other people and knew what to do. She gave me a receipt and after a couple of days I went back to Ktima and they gave me a paper to confirm they had received payment.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:24 am

YoMo2 wrote:...Interesting. Slightly surprised they were able to legalise. I didn't think a building licence could be granted on a plot so close to a watercourse?

Andrew

You are correct that there are limits on proximity to watercourses but I am not sure on the details of the law. The houses themselves are over 50 m from where the river used to flow and I think that distance is acceptable. Now it is a few metres.

Warwick

YoMo2

Postby YoMo2 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:00 pm

Kilkis wrote:
YoMo2 wrote:...Interesting. Slightly surprised they were able to legalise. I didn't think a building licence could be granted on a plot so close to a watercourse?

Andrew

You are correct that there are limits on proximity to watercourses but I am not sure on the details of the law. The houses themselves are over 50 m from where the river used to flow and I think that distance is acceptable. Now it is a few metres.

Warwick

Right. I think the limit is 35m. Also a lot depends on whether the river has been "charted" officially. I think this involves the council surveyors laying down where the banks are using GPS etc. That then becomes the point the 35m is measured from.

Going back to the plot becoming smaller, maybe the plot doesn't change because some of it was swept away? Your boundary line is now in the river. No problem.... Will they now have fishing rights?

Andrew

GlennB

Postby GlennB » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:28 pm

YoMo2 wrote:
Going back to the plot becoming smaller, maybe the plot doesn't change because some of it was swept away? Your boundary line is now in the river. No problem.... Will they now have fishing rights?

Andrew

Will they own land on the other side of the river? 8)

Mackie

Postby Mackie » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:57 am

Anyone on here has any update on this process? Is it still going on? Our Lawyer in Irakion keeps telling us that it’s not due yet for our area (Hersonissos)!!
Cheers

Jeffstclair

Postby Jeffstclair » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:33 pm

Yeah It's still going on ...but the deadline keeps getting extended because the amount of missing or non existent paperwork involved was unknown..around here, in the far East, so many people have tiny plots of olive trees , grapes, or veg plots and even houses with no paperwork...so they all have to be measured and topography done in the case of a house or building plot ..so all the Engineers , Notaries and Lawyers are snowed under with work.So the deadline that was October has been extended into the new year ....see here for info ...http://www.ktimatologio.gr/sites/en/Pages/Default.aspx

ros21m

Postby ros21m » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:22 pm

I come under Heraklion & yes, we are still waiting to hear when we have to register!

Mackie

Postby Mackie » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:36 pm

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Much appreciated
Mackie

Return to “General Discussion & News”