Property Register declaration

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
altohb

Re: Property Register declaration

Postby altohb » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:13 pm

Mixos wrote:Only 50 euros a year Bob? You're getting a bargain! Or I'm being fleeced.

Ours is significantly more than that as well but, as Warwick says, if there are "international" issues then we'd expect to pay more. Having said that, we are definitely keeping to the "it is an annual fee however many visits you make" scenario - he isn't getting any more out of us re the property register, certainly!

altohb

Postby altohb » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:26 pm

Update. We have done our registration of property this morning. Yes, there is a charge for the property declaration, according to the number of plots of land. Yes, your accountant will probably charge to prepare the paperwork, as it is outside the normal remit of what he/she does for you - ie tax matters, mainly; my comments in the post above are therefore incorrect and, thinking about it, the extra charge is very reasonable and having all the covering forms already filled in made the actual registration process painless.

If you are a married woman, or someone else who has a different name from what is on your contract, then it is a good idea to take evidence of the change with you when you go to register. Our contracts have my maiden name on them (as per normal Greek practice) but my tax and passport details are in my married name. We took our marriage certificate, and that was fine.

YoMo2

Postby YoMo2 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:20 am

Having asked around, it appears that generally, this is work that would be done by an engineer and lawyer rather than an accountant. Obviously, there will be those accountants happy to complete and submit the forms for you. In most cases they will need to liaise with your engineer and lawyer, so one might be better off going direct. I suppose if every detail of your title deeds and topo are bang up to date and match exactly what is required, then it will just be a case of filling out the form. In which case an accountant will probably be fine.

My accountant laughed when I asked him and said "No way am I getting involved with that can of worms". Having seen the forms I can sympathise.

Anyone else managed to get their submission done yet? It would be interesting to hear of experiences. Not long till March 18th.

Andrew

altohb

Postby altohb » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:45 am

Yes, ours is completed. Our accountant did the forms, we went to the Ktimatologio office in Sitia and spent an hour with the team there - we have a total of 3 plots of land, and joint ownership, so there were 6 things to be checked. There first person we saw, who was a lawyer went through the contracts, topographies and metagraphis, checking that the information on the form was correct. We then saw an engineer who checked everything against the satellite pictures and, finally, someone else who entered the details. Went away with instructions to pay the fee at the bank, and come back after a few days, which we did and received a final receipt. Took this to our accountant who told me that the database will be issued in due course and if any anomalies surface then he will contact us.

All in all a pain free procedure (apart from the fees :D ). There has been some correspondence in the Greek press about not using outside agencies to register your land as, apparently, the satellite photos they are using are not the correct ones.

YoMo2

Postby YoMo2 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:22 pm

Interesting indeed! So there was quite a lot of help at the Ktimatologio office? Amazing.

One point. With the joint ownership, did you need two forms for each property? One per owner?

Andrew

altohb

Postby altohb » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:12 pm

YoMo2 wrote:One point. With the joint ownership, did you need two forms for each property? One per owner?

Andrew

No, Andrew. 2 forms, each of which listed the 3 properties. The staff were extremely helpful, and were all to a greater or lesser extent, English speakers.

YoMo2

Postby YoMo2 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:40 pm

altohb wrote:
YoMo2 wrote:One point. With the joint ownership, did you need two forms for each property? One per owner?

Andrew

No, Andrew. 2 forms, each of which listed the 3 properties. The staff were extremely helpful, and were all to a greater or lesser extent, English speakers.

Thought they might have done it on a per property basis, (it being a register of property....). But one form per person listing all properties actually suits me better, so not complaining.

Your earlier comment about the "wrong" satellite photos is interesting. The Ktimatologio web site has photos that are 8 or 9 years out of date for the location of our house....... Hey ho.

Andrew

Tim

Postby Tim » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:18 pm

Unfortunately my experience has been far less straightforward than altohb's. As Warwick suggested, accountants may not necessarily believe that they are best suited to doing the preparation for this bureaucratic exercise and, after a couple of meetings with mine, she decided that she couldn't/wouldn't help me and told me to go straight to the Ktimatologio.

This I did. When I left, empty handed, an hour later, the one lady on duty was still dealing with the same customer as when I arrived. (Who had at least fifteen separate contracts). According to the electronic numbering system there were 28 people ahead of me in the queue, although I think some of them had lost the will to live and had gone home. As did I.

I may try again on Thursday but will take sandwiches and a thermos with me. Good luck to anybody who hasn't started this journey yet.

Tim

moggieman

Postby moggieman » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:46 pm

Tim
And the best of luck. As i found out our topography doesn't match theirs and have now spent some 10 months trying to sort out.

And even with an engineer are still trying to rectify two points.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:51 pm

moggieman wrote:Tim
And the best of luck. As i found out our topography doesn't match theirs...

Isn't that possibly because your land keeps wandering around, Moggieman?

Warwick

moggieman

Postby moggieman » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:44 pm

Warwick.
Sarcasm is the lowest form of whit. But you seem to be correct. !!!!!

If you saw our carpark you would think there isn't any soil left, look like we have it all.

GlennB

Postby GlennB » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:12 am

The system has just reached us, here in South Kynouria in Arkadia. A friend went to do their stuff at the local office, which has opened in the last few days. Took 4 hours.

If there are 5,000 properties that need to be registered (probably a *huge* underestimate), and assuming 2 hrs per application, and assuming a 40-hour week for the single soul currently at that office, I make that 250 weeks of work. The vast majority won't even have heard of it, let alone be inclined to do it, but still. Can't be done by the deadline, or anything resembling it.

Groan. We're going to assemble our papers and go next week. The online system is a nightmare.

But first the Greek driving licence. Tomorrow at KEP. Groan. Oh, and IKA renewal too.

Weary .. so very weary of all this bureaucratic bilge.

Roussa

Postby Roussa » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:28 pm

GlennB wrote:If there are 5,000 properties that need to be registered (probably a *huge* underestimate), and assuming 2 hrs per application, and assuming a 40-hour week for the single soul currently at that office, I make that 250 weeks of work.

This seems to be true in our city to get the ποστοποιήτικο μεταγράφης :D
Went there and was told it would take at least 2 months.Everbody was given a piece of paper with a number, right now the numbers are between 980 and 1005. So we have to go to the ktimatologio office to do our submission and then bring that stupid piece of paper afterwards , before we get the confirmation from the ktimatologio.

YoMo2

Postby YoMo2 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:45 am

Roussa wrote:
GlennB wrote:If there are 5,000 properties that need to be registered (probably a *huge* underestimate), and assuming 2 hrs per application, and assuming a 40-hour week for the single soul currently at that office, I make that 250 weeks of work.

This seems to be true in our city to get the ποστοποιήτικο μεταγράφης :D
Went there and was told it would take at least 2 months.Everbody was given a piece of paper with a number, right now the numbers are between 980 and 1005. So we have to go to the ktimatologio office to do our submission and then bring that stupid piece of paper afterwards , before we get the confirmation from the ktimatologio.

Wow! As ever, amazing variations in people's experience. I went to get a missing ποστοποιήτικο μεταγράφης at the local registry a few days ago. Three people being served before me. In and out with my piece of paper in 20 minutes.

On the other hand when we went to the ktimatologio office, it was heaving and we were told we'd have to wait an hour and a half. Went home.

On consideration, surely the smart move is to forget about actually submitting your declaration until the deadline for Greek residents has passed. (Assuming you are non-resident for tax purposes). The office will then only be dealing with non-residents. By definition, there will be a lot fewer of them, and you have an extra three months to submit.

Just a thought.

Andrew

paul g

Postby paul g » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:58 am

Anyone out there know when we are due this property register declaration in Heraklion?

Return to “General Discussion & News”