PROPERTY REGISTRATION

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
ros21m

Re: PROPERTY REGISTRATION

Postby ros21m » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:34 pm

grannyM,

Where in the Heraklion area is your property? I live within Heraklion Dimos, but in a rural village. They have not yet issued the dates for Heraklion & my area to do this yet. I had this confirmed today by a lawyer.

grannyM

Postby grannyM » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:52 pm

Well that is interesting. I'm in the south, not far from Moires and everyone seems to be in a lather and the Civil engineers worked off their feet. That said the Greeks seem sanguine and say there is plenty of time, the deadlines will never be met etc.!
So don't know whether it is rolling out within the prefecture or what, but better safe than sorry. The civil engineer came out yesterday to add the co-ordinates not on our original topography, so we are on course now.
Unlike the international driving licence which we failed to get in the UK, in case of a hard Brexit! It has dragged on for so long that I'm not expecting that to happen either!
Good luck when your time comes!

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:04 pm

According to this page submissions in the Heraklion Prefecture started on 10/01/2019 and will end for local owners on 10/04/2019 and for foreign owners on 10/07/2019. That applies to Moires but doesn't seem to apply to the Heraklion Dimos, see this page.

For Moires it shows Έναρξη Υποβολής Δηλώσεων, which means Start Submission of Declarations while for the Heraklion Dimos it only states Ημερομηνία Έναρξης Λειτουργίας, which means Start of the Operation but no date is give for start or end of submissions.

Warwick

ros21m

Postby ros21m » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:45 pm

Kilkis,

I have been watching very closely, to see when I have to do this. Mires comes under Heraklion Prefecture, but Gortyna Dimos. I come under Heraklion Prefecture and also Heraklion Dimos & I haven't seen anywhere that the Cadastre had opened for my area. Today I spoke with a lawyer, in Heraklion, who confirmed, that it hasn't opened yet for properties in Heraklion Dimos. My Greek teacher also spoke with her & she told her that a property her family own in Agia Deka, Gortyna Dimos, Heraklion Prefecture, must be registered now. So grannyM being in Gortyna Dimos, is correct, that the Cadastre is being done in her area now.
From my understanding, all other areas of Heraklion Prefecture have either completed, or are now doing the Cadastre except for Heraklion Dimos.

YoMo2

Postby YoMo2 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:11 am

In Lasithi, it's a foregone conclusion that there will be an extension of the deadlines. Lawyers, engineers, and the Registry offices are snowed under and will not be able to process the applications they already have, never mind those still to be done.

I expect the copy shops are quite busy too.....

Andrew

rohima

Postby rohima » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:38 am

Does anyone have the latest deadline for Lassithi? I know it's been extended a number of times already and probably will be again but it would be good to know the current one.

Tim

Postby Tim » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:19 pm

It depends whether you're ex-pat or sub-183 days per year - the deadlines are different for each.

Tim

YoMo2

Postby YoMo2 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:01 am

rohima wrote:Does anyone have the latest deadline for Lassithi? I know it's been extended a number of times already and probably will be again but it would be good to know the current one.

Current official deadline is 18 March for residents, 18th June for non residents. There is no official definition of what resident means......

Andrew

rohima

Postby rohima » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:29 pm

Thank you, YoMo2. I think this must have been extended yet again, as many I see are still trying to find and photocopy their documents.

Midlander

Postby Midlander » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:31 pm

This might be of interest regarding the Property Registration.
https://flashnews.gr/post/384447/kthmat ... -ana-nomoo
Sorry i cant figure out yet how to post a proper link.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:05 pm

Useful article, Midlander. So it looks like 7 areas of the Chania Prefecture and 12 areas of the Rethymnon Prefecture have already been registered but they are predicting 2022 for the rest of the areas in these two Prefectures. The whole process seems to have progressed in periods with a flurry of activity followed by periods of total inactivity?

I'm not sure what you mean by "I cant figure out yet how to post a proper link." You did post the link. If you mean that you want it to appear as a word that acts as the link you can do that with the URL control just above the box where you type. For example this is your link hidden as the word "this". I did it by typing the sentence. I then highlighted the word "this" and clicked on the URL control. That surrounded the word with a command that opens the control and a command that closes it. I then backspaced to the end of the first word url and typed =. I then copy and pasted your actual link immediately after the = sign. If you click on the quote control at top right of this post, as though you were going to reply to it, you can see what the whole hidden link looks like.

Warwick

Midlander

Postby Midlander » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:17 pm

Thanks for that info,no-one was more surprised than me when it looked like i had done it right.

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:11 am

Some areas have been registered for years. We bought a property in 2006 in the first listed Chania area on Midlanders' link and our house was already registered in the ktimatologio (property register) back then. Not everyone will need to register, some are already logged from years ago.

grannyM

Postby grannyM » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:41 pm

Just an update from my queries of early April.
I'm glad to say that everything has been done and we've received papers back from the Land registry, which we've paid through the bank+ payment to to Civil Engineer who added the co-ordinates to our topography and made the application on our behalf. So although there are said to be backlogs elsewhere, in the Moires area of the Irakleion prefecture, it all seems to be full steam ahead.We are told that the Land registry will be reviewing after a year and we may hear more, but unclear ( to us) what that may involve.

Return to “General Discussion & News”