Greek Criminal Record Check

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
BrizoH71

Greek Criminal Record Check

Postby BrizoH71 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:05 am

Having applied for a job at Heraklion Airport and reached the final round of selections for a well-known holiday firm, I now need to supply both a UK disclosure check and a Greek criminal record check.

The former is no problem, I can apply for it online and have it sent to me; but where do I get the latter? Do I just apply for this at the local police station, or do I need to go through a lawyer or the Greek embassy? And will there be a cost?

Kilkis

Re: Greek Criminal Record Check

Postby Kilkis » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:23 am

I had a Greek and UK Criminal Record Check several years ago but my employer at the time sorted out the Greek one so I am not sure how it was done. Such checks are usually done by the police so I would ask at the police station that issued your Residence Certificate. I think that they might have already carried out some sort of basic check before issuing the certificate. At the very least I would have thought they should know, or be able to find out, what you need to do.

Warwick

margarita

Postby margarita » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:12 pm

Can the 'well-known holiday firm' not advise you?

BrizoH71

Postby BrizoH71 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:59 pm

Asked at the police station, they say I need to apply to the Penal Records Department of the Ministry of Justice in Athens; but as a non-Greek citizen I can make the application for this via KEP who will process it on my behalf.

Sorted.

Return to “General Discussion & News”