Cigarette smoke issue

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
scooby

Re: Cigarette smoke issue

Postby scooby » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:57 pm

If it’s annoying you either ask them to stop or move it’s quite simple. A smoker will not be offended.

TweetTweet

Postby TweetTweet » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:06 pm

have a bit respect for other people by NOT smoking!
[b]
[/b]

I will puff my smoke in your general direction - I don't honestly recall one single post of yours here that could ever ask for respect.

Perhaps you are a mouche du coche.

mouche

Postby mouche » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:03 pm

scooby wrote:If it’s annoying you either ask them to stop or move it’s quite simple. A smoker will not be offended.

Why should I have to ask them to stop when smoking is not allowed int he first place and signs posted clearly saying so? Why should I have to move just because somebody insists on doing something thats illegal by law? Seriousely, grow up!

George

Postby George » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:24 pm

mouche wrote:Excactly, have a bit respect for other people by NOT smoking!

I don't smoke.

scooby

Postby scooby » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:36 pm

mouche wrote:
scooby wrote:If it’s annoying you either ask them to stop or move it’s quite simple. A smoker will not be offended.

Why should I have to ask them to stop when smoking is not allowed int he first place and signs posted clearly saying so? Why should I have to move just because somebody insists on doing something thats illegal by law? Seriousely, grow up!

Not allowed by whom? Remember where you are. Also I mean ask them to move not you move you donut. If you don’t do either then live with it and stop crying .

Jeffstclair

Postby Jeffstclair » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:12 pm

Yeah I don't smoke anymore , (I think it's a young persons thing ) ,but mostly I don't mind folk smoking ..if it bothers me I move ..

Roberts2019

Postby Roberts2019 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:35 am

mouche wrote:

I find the majority smokers are unconsidered.

Tim

Postby Tim » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:45 pm

Looks like this issue is about to be sorted!

http://www.ekathimerini.com/239038/arti ... ter-easter

I wouldn't hold your breath though. Unless of course you don't like second-hand cigarette smoke - in which case do hold your breath. :(

Tim

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:52 pm

Tim wrote:Looks like this issue is about to be sorted!...

...if you live in the Thessaloniki area?

Warwick

Tim

Postby Tim » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:12 pm

Kilkis wrote:
Tim wrote:Looks like this issue is about to be sorted!...

...if you live in the Thessaloniki area?

Warwick

Yes, you're quite right of course. I don't know why I persist with lunchtime drinking - it clearly doesn't agree with me ....

Tim

shine on

Postby shine on » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:32 am

It’s not just the locals, visit any taverna frequented by tourists and all nationalities including Brits, are chain smoking, probably makes them feel free as they do not do it their own country, or not allowed. I do know of a few certain tavernas/restaurants in Chania town that really do stick to the so called official no smoking policy, needless to say that these are the places that get my cash....and respect.
I had my car serviced in Chania and was told that I could wait in the waiting room as it would only take an hour. Lovely comfy chairs and a free coffee machine was available, I sat on my own for a while enjoying the air conditioning and my free coffee whilst I tried to make out the Greek car magazines which were so old that the excitement on the first page was about how some cars now have electric windows. Anyway, after about half hour another customer, a well dressed Greek man, joined me in the waiting room. He said the usual Yasas and ti’kanete as he sat down opposite me in a noisy leather/plastic chair. He then pulled out a box of cigarettes and proceeded to light the offending item. At this point I wish I could have taken a photo because above his head was the biggest ‘No Smoking’ sign in all of Chania, and underneath it was written in Greek and English ‘Please Do Not Smoke In The Waiting Area’. Even more amusing was the fact that placed next to his comfy chair, was the biggest floor standing ash tray that was full of old ciggy’s. I had to go outside to escape the now smoke filled waiting room, I frowned and said goodbye to my no longer new friend and went outside to the reception to see how much longer until my car is ready, ‘It is nearly ready’ was the pleasing reply I got from the guy smoking in his little office.

margarita

Postby margarita » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:58 pm

On Saturday night we ate at 3 & The Cook in Stylos, Apokoronas. As we left I commented on the fact, that despite the taverna being very busy, not one person was smoking. There had been quite a lot of of coming & going through the front door and on the table outside there were several ashtrays full of stubs.
Perhaps the message is getting through.

Jean

Postby Jean » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:20 pm

I do know of a few certain tavernas/restaurants in Chania town that really do stick to the so called official no smoking policy,

Just made me think that it would be nice if we could make a collaborative list (within a new thread possibly) of restaurants and cafés that stick to the no smoking rules. Eventually it's something that I could publish on my website because it is an issue for a lot of tourists and good information to have.

Return to “General Discussion & News”