new topography for property

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Ann McCallum

new topography for property

Postby Ann McCallum » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:49 pm

hello,
does anyone know the approximate price for the new topography for a home is? does 500euro plus 250 euro for the civil engineers fee seem reasonable?
thanks,
ann

GlennB

Re: new topography for property

Postby GlennB » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:44 pm

Quick question - why do you need a 'new' one? We were given a new one - paid for, of course - when we legalised our house, and that was what we presented to the land registry people.

Ann McCallum

Postby Ann McCallum » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:55 am

yes, to legalize my home. are you saying yours was free of charge?

YoMo2

Postby YoMo2 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:42 am

You have to be clear exactly what it is you are paying for. A simple topo can cost as little as 200 euros. Legalisation fees can be in the high thousands depending on what needs to be legalised.

500 euros just for a topo is high. If it's just for the topo.

Andrew

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:45 am

Ann McCallum wrote:yes, to legalize my home. are you saying yours was free of charge?

If you are talking about the cost of legalising then it depends on what is wrong and when it became wrong. As an example, when I legalised my property it had the following problems:

1 One corner of the building was 10 cm too close to the boundary.
    2 One side was 1 cm too close to the boundary.
    3 The building was 9 sqm bigger than shown on the plans submitted for building permission, i.e. a boiler room and a second store room.
    4 A tiled carport had been added without additional permission and it was also too close to the boundary.
    5 Some concrete paths had been added without additional permission.

The total cost of legalising was around €1,000 penalty plus an engineers fee of around €1,000. That included a new topography of the land and the house made using GPS. I don't have any breakdown of the engineers fee but basically it covers doing the survey, making new plans and submitting everything to the legalisation process.

Changes made after October 2011 are much more expensive to legalise than changes made before that date. All mine were before that date.

Warwick

Ann McCallum

Postby Ann McCallum » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:34 am

thanks everyone. i will ask my civil engineer if that will be the total costs for her part in the legalization. knowing i could receive fines for any things incorrect with my property.

YoMo2

Postby YoMo2 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:13 pm

Ann McCallum wrote:thanks everyone. i will ask my civil engineer if that will be the total costs for her part in the legalization. knowing i could receive fines for any things incorrect with my property.

The question you need to ask is what will be the total cost to legalise, broken down into fines and fees paid to the government, (generally non-negotiable), and engineer's fees and charges, possibly negotiable. In order to know you are not being ripped off you need to see all the paperwork at each stage. The legalisation process is all properly documented on an online system. Unfortunately, not all engineers are happy to show you the details.......

Good luck.

Andrew

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:22 am

I think seeing a split into official costs and the engineers costs is automatic, or at least it was in my case. The engineer did all the submission but that resulted in an official, government issued payment demand with a payment code a bit like the ENFIA and Income Tax demands. I paid that myself using online banking. The engineers fee was separate and I received the usual handwritten receipt for that on a form torn from an official receipt book.

I didn't ask how the payment to the government broke down into the different illegalities nor how his fee broke down into his different activities, e.g. making the survey, drawing up a new topography, submitting the information. I didn't see how knowing that breakdown would benefit me in any way. The fine was the fine and his fee was his fee.

His method of operation was quite good. First he came to the house, did the survey and by comparing that with the original plans on the building permission assessed what the illegalities were and what they would cost. He then told me what the fine would be and what his fee would be. At that point I could opt to go ahead or, if I didn't want to proceed, I could pay him €50 for the initial assessment. I thought that was pretty fair. He has done the process for other people I know and he always tries to be "helpful" if he can.

Warwick

Return to “General Discussion & News”