Electricity bills

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
jane m clayton

Electricity bills

Postby jane m clayton » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:32 am

We have friends coming to rent a house in Chania. They have to take responsibility for payment of the electricity bills so what documentation do they need to take to DEH, besides their passports and a copy of the latest bill, to set that up? Thanks

Kilkis

Re: Electricity bills

Postby Kilkis » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:32 am

They will certainly need the notice of their tax number, ΑΦΜ, since that appears on the bill and I think they might need a copy of the official rental agreement. I am not certain because, when I rented an apartment in northern Greece for almost 10 years, the landlord kept the electricity bill in his own name and simply gave me the bills to pay every two months. Similarly for the water. The telephone was in my own name. To me "taking responsibility for payment of the electricity" simply means agreeing to pay it not necessarily having it in your own name?

Warwick

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:41 am

The property owner needs to lodge a rental contract with the tax office (Taxisnet website) and the renter needs to take a copy of the rental contract, from TAXISNET, to DEH. DEH also require a deposit -my daughter (Greek) just did this and her deposit was 130 euros. It may be more for non-Greek citizens.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:15 pm

I would guess that the rental contract will have both the renters and the landlords tax numbers on it so you probably won't need the notice of tax number I mentioned in my earlier post.

Warwick

Return to “General Discussion & News”