Need a cat carer for three weeks, 100/euro a week

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Toebs

Need a cat carer for three weeks, 100/euro a week

Postby Toebs » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:21 pm

(Not quite sure if this is the correct subforum - I'm not looking for a professional, so I didn't quite feel the "services" forum was correct. Feel free to move.)

I need someone to look after a cat and her five kittens, for three weeks, Heraklion area.

Paying 100 euro a week, plus paying for food.

Explanation : I am leaving Crete on the 25th. While I've been here, I made friends with a little cat and fed her and she moved in pretty much. Turned out she was pregnant, and delivered about a week ago. (Nice cat, serious and smart, seems house-trained, no idea how).

My original plan was based on her giving birth earlier - my friends here have a farm, and when the kittens wean, at about five weeks of age, they'll be safe to go with the mother to the farm (there are cats there already, so the kittens needs to be older to be safe). They can get to know other cats and learn to hunt.

However, she needs somewhere to live and someone to feed her between when I leave and the kittens getting older enough to move. When they wean, they then need to be moved to the farm.

She has kittens, so she can't be with male cats. I think female cats would be okay.

To make the move easier, I would like the person concerned to come and visit a few times before the move, so the cat can get to know you first. I want to come when she moves, and be able to spend a lot of time with her the day she moves, in the new home, to help her feel more secure.

Cat comes with a cat basket (actually a soft dog basket, but don't tell her), big litter tray and a new bag of litter. Basically - there should be no extra costs. She comes with what she needs, and I'll dump three weeks of food on you.

(Piccie attached from end of March when still pregnant, sleeping and in her dream conducting an orchestra - don't have a nice piccie of her with kittens, tried just now but the lighting isn't nice with a light bulb. I'll see what I can do in the morning.)
Attachments
20190328_015109_small.jpg
20190328_015109_small.jpg (152.25 KiB) Viewed 834 times

louisejersey

Re: Need a cat carer for three weeks, 100/euro a week

Postby louisejersey » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:54 am

Hi, if you do facebook, try posting on" Animal lovers on Crete",Good luck.

Toebs

Postby Toebs » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:18 pm

louisejersey wrote:Hi, if you do facebook, try posting on" Animal lovers on Crete",Good luck.

Thankyou!

Gzag

Postby Gzag » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:50 pm

I can look after them, but am in the Rethymno area.
I used to breed Bengal cats, so have plenty of experience with kittens.
Gina 28320 71143 or 6988709110

audacity

Postby audacity » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:00 pm

Aww, luck pussy cat, if I was free I would look after her for free and explore the Heraklion area, we have a house in Rethymnon!
I love cats immeasurably! X

Return to “General Discussion & News”